Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2022
Come build The Disney of the 21st Century with us! 🚀
At Inkitt, we believe every author should have an equal opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. Traditional publishing often leaves authors behind with human editors responsible for selecting books fit for publication. Inkitt is a pioneer at the forefront of data-driven publishing. By inventing an algorithm which analyzes users' reading behavior to identify hits, we have removed subjectivity from the traditional publishing equation. This gives Inkitt the unique ability to discover hidden talents that might otherwise have gone unnoticed 🔎
Are you a builder? We are looking for the change-makers of the world; the people who build the blueprint anytime they are unsatisfied with the status quo. Come build The Disney of the 21st Century with us by developing our books, audiobooks, creation of games, TV shows and movies!
What You'll Do:
- Use the latest ‘infrastructure as code’ methodologies to develop the next generation cloud hosting architecture for Inkitt applications, its CMS, and its Analytics and Data Processing services
- Architect the system for stability and infinite scalability
- Proactively control costs of the platform and explore new cost saving measures to avoid ‘run away cloud costs’
- Develop an effective load testing strategy and build confidence in system scalability
- Ensure all hosting environments are secure. Perform periodic 3rd party audits and pentests.
- Support multiple Engineering teams in an SRE capacity, advising them on how to build scalable, robust, and secure applications
Who You Are:
- Startup hungry; you excel in a fast-paced, scrappy environment and you welcome new challenges
- Committed to building an in-person work culture; you prefer a hybrid work model
- 10+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions and applications.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Versed in Kubernetes, Docker, and other container systems
- Experience managing Node, Ruby on Rails applications
- Database Administration experience (self hosted and Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience migrating from on prem to cloud and cloud to cloud
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or relevant field.
What We Offer:
- 🚀 Stock options for all full-time employees! We believe everyone deserves a piece of ownership for when we become the Disney of the 21st Century
- 🚀 Newly launched 401k to help you save and invest in your future (US)
- 🚀 Health benefits that align with your local market, offering a variety of different coverages for medical, dental and vision
- 🚀 A hybrid model in San Francisco and Berlin offices where 3 days per week are dedicated to in-person collaboration in parallel with remote work
- 🚀 Professional coaching for People Managers and employees who have been with Inkitt for 2+ years
- 🚀 Dedicated budget for team-building events
- 🚀 Employee Referral Bonus
- 🚀 Free access to our Galatea App, get your read on
- 🚀 Unlimited budget for self-development books, on us
- 🚀 Donation to charity of your choice on your work anniversary
- 🚀 Stocked micro-kitchens with snacks and drinks to keep you energized
- 🚀 Class Pass health club for US Inkers to feel their best!
- 🚀 Berlin'ers gym membership
- 🚀 Berlin'ers virtual assistant
- 🚀 Arguably the best perk? Getting to bring your fur-ever friend to our Berlin and San Francisco offices
How We've Been Doing:
- We're a well-funded, mission-driven, series B company with top-tier investors like NEA, HV Capital, and Kleiner Perkins. Recently, Inkitt has raised $59 million, which is one of the largest Series B funding rounds on record for a Berlin-based business. We believe we have a breakthrough idea that will disrupt the publishing industry while changing undiscovered authors’ lives for the better 🪴
- We're the 8th fastest-growing company in Europe, and 1st in Germany!
At Inkitt, we strive to build a company culture and provide employment opportunities based on diversity and inclusion. We believe every author should have an equal opportunity to succeed, as should our team members. As a growing team from 20+ countries, we welcome everyone to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Check out our Careers Blog 💼