Head of Manufacturing (m/f/d)
The Head of Manufacturing will hold strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing a manufacturing strategy and operational goals to exceed expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving operational excellence. Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders, regarding technical support for activities, striving for best in class products and business practices.
More specifically, you will:
- Have an overall responsibility for all manufacturing activities
- Lead approx. 70 employees and growing the team over time
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets with the ultimate goal to enable the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Provide leadership to the departments and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team
- Grow and develop the production team
- Work with the team to translate the site strategy and plans into specific team performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
Who you are and what you have
- BSc/MSc in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience of leading a manufacturing function with a proven track record in strategic and tactical manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- GGood know-how of various manufacturing processes for metal and carbon fiber
- Experience in lean manufacturing, quality management tools and automated production systems
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Proactive with high attention to detail
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in English and German
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customised company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find more about us?
Something looks off?