Structural Dynamics Engineer (m/f/d)
As part of the Launch Vehicle Loads and Analysis team, you will be responsible for vibration, shock, and acoustic analysis of the global launch vehicle structures. Covering both time and frequency domain analyses, from the sources and the model refinements to conducting calculations and reporting, your input and knowledge will be highly appreciated and directly drive flight hardware design iterations.
More specifically, you will:
- Create, maintain, and update FE model for dynamic analyses purposes as well as the creation and utilization of superelements.
- Simulate the acoustic environment and vehicle and payload loads in different flight phases
- Define vibration and shock environments for components and structures of the vehicle
- Conduct Coupled Loads Analysis (CLA) with customer spacecraft to ensure mission success and service quality
- Develop new dynamic coupled load methodologies to improve our service and contribute to a responsive launch system
- Work with the testing team to define the modal and vibration test campaign and requirements including the instrumentation
Who you are and what you have
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in the field of Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanics or comparable
- Strong background in structural FEM and frequency domain computations
- At least 3 years of experience in shock, vibration and acoustic analyses
- Ability to efficiently make solid assumptions to determine sources and load cases for vibration analysis
- Highly organized and proactive with high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate on multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Creative and solution oriented
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Aerospace experience, preferably with launch vehicle development
- Experience with modal or vibration testing
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?