Structural Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Inside the Launch System department, the testing team is responsible for the development and qualification tests of our flight structures and mechanisms. As structural test engineer, you will be responsible for managing and executing test campaigns.
You will constantly communicate and coordinate with colleagues inside and outside of the team, making sure all are working towards timely execution of tests. You will also make sure the test requirements are met or negotiated to achieve the best results for the company with the available resources.
You will operate and upgrade the existing test rigs while developing new ones as they become necessary. In addition to that, you will participate in the product development cycle in close contact with the design teams. In short, expect a steep learning curve and huge contributions to the new space industry in Europe.
More specifically, you will:
- Help to define test requirements together with the structures design team
- Define the test setup that best suits the test requirements and do the mechanical calculations necessary
- Coordinate the design, procurement and assembly of the test setup and auxiliary equipment
- Execute the test campaign and related activities
- Together with your team, continuously improve the test facilities and procedures
Who you are and what you have
- Degree in Mechatronic, Mechanical, Aerospace, Automotive Engineering, or similar
- Experience conducting and/or coordinating tests (as working student if recent graduation)
- Capable of hand calculations of structural strength for static loads
- Basic project management skills
- Good technical communication and excellent team worker
- Be dependable, organized and accountable
- Fluent English
Nice to Have:
- CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks
- Previous experience in any of the following is beneficial (also accepted from university projects if entry level candidate)
- Testing of composites, mechanisms, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems
- Selection of test equipment and sensors
- Aerospace experience, preferably with launch vehicle development
- Capable of working on mechanical workshop (ex.: machining or welding)
- Capable of basic FEM analysis
- German knowledge is a plus
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?