Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Inside the Launch System department, the testing team is responsible for the development and qualification tests of our flight structures and mechanisms.
You will be responsible for testing equipment readiness and operation, selecting and installing instrumentation, and acquiring and processing data to deliver the results for our internal customers.
You will help upgrade the existing test facilities while developing new ones as they become necessary. In addition to that, you will participate in the product development cycle in close contact with the launch vehicle teams. In short, expect a steep learning curve and huge contributions to the new space industry in Europe.
More specifically, you will:
- Operate the test facilities before and during the test execution
- Configure, trouble-shoot, maintain and upgrade our equipment
- Select, procure, install, and commission our sensors other devices
- Run commissioning tests and evaluate test results for sanity checks
- Be responsible for our test data, making sure it is robust and safe
Who you are and what you have
- Degree in Electrical, Mechatronic, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge about DAQ and measurement technologies
- Good technical communication and excellent team worker
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in any of the following is beneficial (also from university projects for entry level candidates)
- Testing of structures, mechanisms, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems
- Selection of test equipment and sensors
- Data processing of test data
- Strain gauges installation
- Aerospace experience, preferably with launch vehicle development
- German knowledge is a plus
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?