Flight Termination System (FTS) Engineer (m/f/d)
As part of the AGNC team, you will move horizontally across the design teams, focusing on the Flight Termination System (FTS) of the Spectrum rocket. You will be responsible for the FTS architecture and system design, as well as the verification, validation, and certification process per regulatory requirements and flight operations. Furthermore, you will work with all design teams related to system integration in the vehicle, define operative procedures and test the equipment for flight hardware and respective prototypes.
More specifically, you will:
- Work on FTS architecture and apply relevant standard specifications,
- Select the components where appropriate, define custom requirements, and manage the procurement process,
- Define requirements and work with the design team for in-house developed components,
- Define functional and environmental test requirements, specifications, test plans and execute the test campaign in collaboration with the testing team to qualify all FTS components,
- Integrate FTS components into the launch vehicle and execute all relevant integrated checkout tests or similar activities during mission operation,
- Create and communicate FTS relevant documentation with Flight safety authorities.
Who you are and what you have
- BSc/MSc in Electrical/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals
- Hands-on experience in system integration and integrated system testing
- Familiarity with the use of test equipment (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, function generators, power supplies)
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting and software debugging skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries and take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have
- Experience with RCC-319 Standard or in system validation against a strict requirement framework (e.g. Iso 26262 or SAE ARP 4754A)
- Experience working with launch sites and executing launch operations, or with FAA 417 (American equivalent)
- Familiarity with environmental testing: Thermal, Vacuum, Vibration, Shock, Humidity etc.
- Experience with Li-Ion Batteries
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?