Propulsion Test Development Engineer (m/f/d)
As a Propulsion Test Development Engineer, you will join the Propulsion Test Development Team which is an essential part of the Launch System Department and acts as an internal engineering service provider to design and procure ground infrastructure. The goal of safe, reliable and rapid testing and space launch operations can only be achieved with support from a wide range of rigorously designed and developed ground infrastructure. This includes ground equipment, such as test stands for research & development, qualification and acceptance testing of propulsion systems and rocket stages, as well as entire launchpads. Close cooperation with other departments such as Propulsion Technology and Launch Vehicle is necessary since their requirements dictate the design of the ground support equipment. As a Propulsion Test Development Engineer, you play a critical role during the development steps of such facilities.
More specifically, you will:
- Take responsibility for the design of fluid systems for test and launch facilities covering a full project cycle from concept to commissioning phase
- Conduct dimensioning calculations and/or numerical simulations to obtain relevant design parameters of subsystems
- Select and procure suitable hardware for fluid systems based on the requirements of the different facilities
- Draft PFDs and P&IDs for your designed systems
- Write technical documentation and contribute to reviews of designed systems
- According to your experience, conduct risk assessments and participate in commissioning planning and/or commissioning operations
Who you are and what you have
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of aerospace, mechanical, process engineering or similar
- Strong analytical skills and able to apply theoretical knowledge to find practical solutions to complex fluid mechanic and/or thermodynamic engineering problems
- Basic knowledge in the functional design of high- and low-pressure gas as well as cryogenic liquid systems
- Adjusting self-sufficiently and quickly to a changing work environment
- Highly organised, effective team player with high attention to detail
- Communicating actively and openly in a constructive manner
- Can-do attitude
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Professional experience in the aerospace, oil & gas, chemical industry or similar
- Experience in modelling and simulating fluid systems by means of software such as Ecosim Pro or Python/MATLAB scripts
- Hands-on experience with respect to fluid systems
- Fluent in German
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?