GNC Engineer (m/f/d)
Our Guidance, Navigation and Control team is looking for a GNC Engineer (fixed term contract of 1 year). As part of the Guidance, Navigation, and Control team, you will work on developing algorithms, modelling physical systems and help maintaining the simulation environments for our orbital launch vehicle Spectrum. You will be responsible for implementing development pipelines, taking the flight software from Model-in-the-loop simulations to our integrated Hardware-in-the-loop test bench. Furthermore, you will help document and analyze simulation results for flight licensing as well as support integrated launch vehicle checkouts and tests.
More specifically, you will:
- Setup and perform Monte-Carlo simulations and analyze the resulting data
- Design and tune digital filters based on test data
- Implement CI/CD pipelines for flight physics simulation environments
- Improve and automize the algorithm design verification process - from Model-in-the-loop to Hardware-in-the-loop
- Work with the team to produce mission analysis results and documentation
- Support internal design reviews
Who you are and what you have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- Strong background in mathematical modelling of linear and non-linear physical systems
- Proficient in MATLAB and related Tools (Simulink, Stateflow, autocoding)
- Proficient in data analysis in frequency and time domain with Python
- Skilled in bash scripting, and experience working in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with GIT based development, including ideally, CI/CD pipeline implementation
- Ability to write clear technical design reports
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in orbital mechanics and orbit propagation
- Basic understanding of fluid systems and modelling
- Understanding of system identification and sensor modelling
- Basic knowledge of C/C++
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Wellpass Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?