Obilet.com, founded in 2012, is an end-to-end travel ticketing platform listing hundreds of bus operators, airlines and ferry companies. Obilet also provides bus operators with a best-in-class Inventory Management System (IMS) in the form of SaaS.
Obilet is the indisputable market leader in Turkey across both B2B and B2C segments with 350+ bus carriers using its IMS software, 25 million monthly visitors, and 12 million app downloads.
Obilet is projected to sell more than 40 million tickets annually in 2023, positioning it as one of the top travel ticketing platforms globally. Recently, Obilet has expanded its category offerings to include hotel bookings and car rental services, and initiated its international expansion with the aim of achieving one of the largest global market coverage in the industry.
We are looking for a "Accounting Executive" for our Finance Team. If you want to join as a part of our ongoing success story, apply now!
Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of month-end journals and reconciliations
- Review and preparation of all tax declarations
- Oversight of accounting daily operations
- Take responsibility for cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity, etc
- Monitor and analysis of accounting data
- Building and maintaining a collaborative relationship with the whole Finance team
- Assisting the director & team with other ad hoc financial analyses and projects
- Monitoring fixed assets and related reporting
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- BS or MS degree in Economics, Business or related fields
- CPA certification is a must
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience with min 2 years of management experience
- Analytical, hands-on, detail-oriented personality with a big picture perspective
- Good knowledge of local Tax legislation, Logo and audit processes is a must
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to achieve results
- Advanced level of MS Office applications
- Travel sector related experience is a plus
- Startup/e-commerce experience is a plus
- IFRS knowledge is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and perks
- Best-in-class teammates
- A culture of continuous development
- No dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Free snacks&drinks