Sales Lead - DACH
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
OneFootball is rapidly growing around the world and Germany is a jewel in our crown. The quality of our product in Germany is the best in the world; from the calibre of our editorial, our streaming efforts with Bundesliga, DAZN and the German clubs, our user growth and the number of users makes the DACH region a powerhouse of our business. With the DFB, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund as shareholders we are poised to continue growing our efforts to bring the best football product to the German marketplace.
We are looking to hire a DACH sales director (who will ideally be based in Berlin but not essential) with deep relationships across the German and DACH media industry, clients and advertising agencies. A knowledge of sports marketing and sponsorship would be helpful; as well as knowledge of football trends and digital media. This is a business development position; developing a market, and - a team. The successful candidate will be expected to build on a solid foundation of revenue generation and must have a proven track record of managing a team, setting their priorities and motivating them to succeed.
The candidate will hit the ground running and have to deliver results quickly. We are looking for someone with the most senior level relationships with marketing leaders across Germany; and ideally someone with a knowledge of the German sports market. The role will report into the Global Sales Director .
We are interested in applicants who know DACH multi-market international clients.
- Develop and manage the DACH sales team to meet organisational and strategic goals.
- Re-define the DACH sales strategy.
- Leverage our highlights and match rights for sales.
- Leverage our club relationships for sales growth.
- Leverage your existing contacts in the sport, sport sponsorship and media business to generate revenue.
- Cultivating solid relationships with major customers to ensure a continuous flow of sales revenue.
- Negotiate large advertising contracts with the biggest DACH international brands.
- Identify appropriate industry events to attend.
- Entertain and host strategically important clients at relevant events
- 7+ years working across the DE/DACH media sales (agency, advertiser or publisher)
- Bachelor's degree in business management or administration, marketing, communications, or related field is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills with a proven track record of managing, motivating and helping teams exceed their targets.
- A proven ability to manage up and also forge strong relationships with senior members of staff, including C-Suite executives.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, passionate team player and positive can do attitude.
- Deep knowledge of the DACH media industry and programmatic advertising.
- Proven track record in selling digital products in a fast-paced international environment.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both German and English.
If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, apply now and join the Data team!
OneFootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.
See more open positions at OneFootball
Something looks off?