OTT Business Manager - Core Markets
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
OneFootball’s visions is to reinvent how live and on-demand content is consumed and monetized, serving as a new distribution channel for broadcasters and OTT streamers around the world: an innovative, interactive streaming product and watch experience in the front-end combined with state-of-the-art advertising technology and security stack in the back-end. With the expectations and consumption preferences of the new generation of fans in mind, we introduced products such as single-game pay-per-view offerings and team/league season passes, seamlessly embedded in the all-in-one, hyper-personalized digital football media experience of OneFootball, including but not limited to breaking news, stats and scores, videos, daily fantasy, or digital collectibles.
Leveraging such tools, combined with tapping into the built-in audience on OneFootball, third-party content owners have been empowered to finally engage and monetize a difficult-to-reach, fickle segment of the market.
Do you believe in building the “YouTube of Football”, and the power of strategic partnerships and directly accessing as well as speaking to 175M+ football fans worldwide to transform sports video consumption in the digital age? For this immensely growing business, we are looking for a passionate, self-driven, and analytical person to support the OTT Business Team, with core-market responsibility and end-to-end involvement from content acquisition, to commercial strategy and cross-functional implementation, as well as key account management.
The position will join an ambitious team of other market and project leaders, report to the Head of OTT, and work cross-functionally with a wide array of other functional teams at OneFootball. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering the local go-to-market B2B and B2C strategy to create value for the OTT and broader OneFootball business. Other multi-faceted projects in a global environment and along the entire sports broadcasting value chain complement the core-market responsibility.
For this immensely growing business, we are looking for a passionate and analytical person to strengthen the business development team.
- Business Development / Strategy: Performing analysis on key trends and changes in the market that inform OneFootball’s go-to-market OTT content and commercial strategy in core or expansion markets.
- Content Acquisition: Defining, implementing, and optimizing the local OTT partnership portfolio in line with the overarching global OTT strategy, including negotiating distribution agreements with OTT broadcasters and league-operated streaming services.
- Key Account Management: Further developing and cultivating existing partnerships in scope (e.g. content) and depth (e.g. special campaigns/activations, new product launches) with broadcasters, leagues, and federations; reporting performance (operational + financial) and evaluating any distribution partnerships’ track-record and future potential.
- Cross-functional Market Operations: Driving alignment and execution across internal teams involved in the OTT business (e.g. Performance Marketing, Brand & PR, Sales, Newsroom, Streaming Operations) by owning financial and non-financial market targets and results in a fast-growing, multinational digital company.
- Other Cross-Market Projects: Project-managing new initiatives that provide exposure to a wide range of OTT business opportunities as well as related business partners (e.g. launch of connected TV application, strategic cooperation with telcos / TV platforms, new market expansion).
- Passion and entrepreneurial mindset for the streaming (sports/football) space: broadcasting, OTT (AVOD, TVOD, SVOD, FAST), and social media.
- Working experience in investment banking, consulting, or strategy/business development in media-related industries.
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities/awareness in the digital environment (including business-casing).
- Organized self-starter who keeps everything on task, has keen sense for follow-throughs, and cares about details.
- Communication skills include fluency in English combined as well as the ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of multicultural stakeholders in a fast-paced matrix-type structure.
- High proficiency in common office suites, including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple Keynote.
- Relevant experience working in an international sports and media business
- Native/fluent speaker of the German, Italian, or Portuguese language
- Established network among sports media rights owners (clubs, leagues, federations) and holders (broadcasters, OTT streaming services) as well as other industry players (e.g. agencies, technical vendors)