Mobile Engineer - Monetisation Squad
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Location: Remote from Portugal
Type: Full-Time (Permanent)
OneFootball is the world’s #1 digital football platform, with more than 100 million active users across the world. Founded in 2008, we have come a long way to provide our users with the best personalised digital football experience. At OneFootball, our purpose is to disrupt the status quo and make football more accessible, inclusive and enjoyable. We are a product-driven company with an obsession of crafting a great user experience backed by world-class engineering.
Media Advertising Squad - About the Team & Your Role
You will be joining the Media Advertising Squad within the OneFootball Product & Engineering area.
As a digital media platform, our vision is to connect Football Fans with the best Football related content and media. The Senior Mobile Engineer will be responsible for creating customer and business value from the Company's digital inventory and unique data assets. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate individual with experience in a multi-site, ad-driven environment who operates effectively in both independent and team collaboration settings. He/she should have a strong business acumen and solid technology experience in the digital media industry.
You will be responsible for the architecture and hands-on integration and development efforts required to create and maintain an enterprise-wide ad technology infrastructure across all our digital properties including web, mobile, and OTT systems. This role requires close collaboration with the Sales, Customer Success Manager and Ad Solutions team to provide meaningful, actionable insights into user and advertiser behaviour across our entire network, create system stability, and support the company's revenue partnerships and initiatives. He/She will be responsible for building and/or integrating the solution(s) for leveraging consumer, product, social, market, competitive, and add data to help drive additional impressions and improved Ad performance metrics that will move OneFootball’s digital business into the future.
The qualifications listed below are only indicative of our expectations. You do not need to meet all of them to be successful. You’ll fit right in as long as you are curious, and have the ability and willingness to learn things quickly.
- Understand the needs of the OneFootball Sales and Business teams and, in response, architect, build/integrate, and maintain an ad platform system that delivers a holistic, data-driven solution to grow revenue.
- Introduce new cross-platform ad tech features and maintain the current media advertising tech stack (Android)
- Continuously improve our Product while ensuring quality and performance of the app
- Create easy-to-read, high-performance and well architected code
- Apply system and subject matter expertise to quickly diagnose and fix technical issues hindering ad delivery or revenue generation on digital inventory (including video and mobile)
- Recommend ways to optimise ad infrastructure architecture and improve the quality of real-time signals being passed to programmatic buyers at bid time
- Establish the short and long-term needs of the ad platform solutions including budget, resource and system requirements, and alliance management strategies required to lead and execute on key projects to solve complex business challenges
- Work with the Business Intelligence and Data Solutions to extract more out of the company's proprietary data assets, help craft new products to empower the revenue.
- Support the Monetisation Product team in formulating and executing a data-driven strategy to optimising impressions and improving Ad performance metrics
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in building and maintaining Android applications in an ad-driven media business
- Having knowledge and some experience in using Flutter / Dart to develop cross platform applications is a plus
- Experience of Extreme Programming (XP) - Paired programming, TDD, CI etc.
- Strong understanding of modern Android architectural approaches
- Strong understanding of modern Android architecture with Unit Testing and a strong knowledge of JSON, REST and/or other API technologies
- Experience integrating DSP (Google Ad Manager, Amazon, Nimbus or DV360) into mobile applications
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Capable of having strategic conversations about technical discussions across teams
- Having Knowledge or prior experience in media/entertainment or with a direct to consumer streaming service is a great advantage
Our Engineering Culture:
*You’ll work in an environment based on Extreme Programming practices such as pair-programming, mob-programming, continuous learning etc
*Test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration
*Cooperate closely with your teammates to collaborate, teach, mentor and learn
*Work on continuous refactoring of legacy code using SOLID principles
*Work in a cross functional agile team
*Ensure high code standards and actively promote the adoption of best practices
*Liaison with everyone in the team and relevant stakeholders
*Debug and fix issues in development, testing, and production
*UI/UX fast prototyping
We offer a flexible working environment here at OneFootball:
-You can be located anywhere in Portugal
-Flexible working hours
-Travel and work from another EU country up to 90 days per year, 10 days per quarter from a non-EU country.
OneFootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.