iOS Developer Mobile Engineer - Monetisation Squad
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Location: Remote from Portugal
Type: Full-Time (Permanent)
OneFootball is the world’s #1 digital football platform, with more than 100 million active users across the world. Founded in 2008, we have come a long way to provide our users with the best personalized digital football experience. At OneFootball, our purpose is to disrupt the status quo and make football more accessible, inclusive, and enjoyable. We are a product-driven company with an obsession with crafting a great user experience backed by world-class engineering.
Media Advertising Squad - About the Team & Your Role
You will join the Media Advertising Squad within the OneFootball Product & Engineering area.
As a digital media platform, our vision is to connect Football Fans with the best Football-related content and media. The iOS Mobile Engineer will be responsible for creating customer and business value from the Company's digital inventory and unique data assets. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate individual with experience in a multi-site, ad-driven environment who operates effectively in independent and team collaboration settings. He/she should have strong business acumen and solid technology experience in the digital media industry.
You will be responsible for the architecture and hands-on integration and development efforts required to create and maintain an enterprise-wide ad technology infrastructure across all our digital properties including web, mobile, and OTT systems. This role requires close collaboration with the Sales, Customer Success Manager, and Ad Solutions team to provide meaningful, actionable insights into user and advertiser behavior across our entire network, create system stability, and support the company's revenue partnerships and initiatives. He/She will be responsible for building and/or integrating the solution(s) for leveraging consumer, product, social, market, competitive, and add data to help drive additional impressions and improved Ad performance metrics that will move OneFootball’s digital business into the future.
- Understand the needs of the OneFootball Sales and Business teams and, in response, architect, build/integrate, and maintain an ad platform system that delivers a holistic, data-driven solution to grow revenue.
- Introduce new cross-platform ad tech features and maintain the current media advertising tech stack (iOS)
- Continuously improve our Product while ensuring the quality and performance of the app
- Create easy-to-read, high-performance, and well-architected code
- Apply system and subject expertise to quickly diagnose and fix technical issues hindering ad delivery or revenue generation on digital inventory (including video and mobile)
- Work with the Business Intelligence and Data Solutions to extract more out of the company's proprietary data assets, and help craft new products to empower the revenue.
- Support the Monetisation Product team in formulating and executing a data-driven strategy to optimize impressions and improve Ad performance metrics
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in building and maintaining iOS applications.
- Proficiency in Swift and knowledge of Objective-C,
- Good understanding of modern iOS architectural approaches.
- Experience in Extreme Programming (XP) - Paired programming, TDD, CI, etc.
- Add-ons: having experience with Flutter/Dart to develop cross-platform applications is a plus and having experience in an ad-driven media business.
- Strong knowledge of JSON, REST, and other API technologies.
- Experience working with CI/CD systems and agile methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience integrating DSP (Google Ad Manager, Amazon, Nimbus or DV360) into mobile applications or prior experience in any media/entertainment or with a direct-to-consumer streaming service is a great advantage.
- Capable of having strategic conversations about technical discussions across teams.
Our Engineering Culture:
*You’ll work in an environment based on Extreme Programming practices such as pair-programming, mob-programming, continuous learning etc
*Test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration
*Cooperate closely with your teammates to collaborate, teach, mentor and learn
*Work on continuous refactoring of legacy code using SOLID principles
*Work in a cross-functional agile team
*Ensure high code standards and actively promote the adoption of best practices
*Liaison with everyone in the team and relevant stakeholders
*Debug and fix issues in development, testing, and production
*UI/UX fast prototyping
We offer a flexible working environment here at OneFootball:
-You can be located anywhere in Portugal
-Flexible working hours
-Travel and work from another EU country up to 90 days per year, 10 days per quarter from a non-EU country.
OneFootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.