Software Engineer - Typescript
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
OneFootball is the world’s #1 digital football platform, with more than 100 million active users across the world. Founded in 2008, we have come a long way to provide our users with the best personalized digital football experience.
At OneFootball, our purpose is to disrupt the status quo and make football more accessible, inclusive and enjoyable.
We are a product-driven company with an obsession of crafting a great user experience backed by world class engineering.
About The Team & Your Place In It => Video Platform Squad
You will be joining the Video Platform Squad within the OneFootball Product and Engineering area.
As a multimedia platform, video content is an integral part of the experiences that we provide to the fans, as well as the primary content that we syndicate & monetise to 500+ partner websites/apps worldwide.
We in the Video Platform squad, build and contribute to the core services and products that power around 1 billion video experiences for OneFootball and our syndication partners. We enable the ingestion, encoding, enrichment, tagging, editing & publication of video content leveraging AI technology and sourced from the biggest football clubs, leagues. federations & OTT providers. We also enable our syndication partners to consume & monetise our video catalog via a one-click solution leveraging proprietary video player & advertisement technologies.
As a part of this squad, you will have the opportunity to shape the growth of our video platform, impacting over 100 million users with around 1 billion views, and being a key revenue driver for the business, over the next few years.
This will be a middle to senior-level engineering role. You should display a strong technical background and maturity in order to be successful in this role. The number of years of experience is less relevant than your ability to deliver and lead yourself and your teammates to excellence. We welcome candidates with 3+ years of experience. However, we have seen people starting to display this maturity with less than 2 years of experience. So if you have what it takes, go ahead and apply.
The qualifications listed below are only indicative of our expectations. You do not need to meet all of them to be successful. You’ll fit right in as long as you are curious, and have the ability and willingness to learn things quickly.
- Build & continuously improve our video player & advertisement solutions that power 1 billion world-class experiences for fans
- Write high performing, maintainable, well-structured and well-tested code
- Ensure high availability, reliability and performance for our solutions
- Lead design & architectural discussions on enhancing & optimizing our video playback & monetisation capabilities
- Contribute to solving organization-wide problems when it comes to video & monetisation topics by collaborating with engineers from other teams as well as different stakeholders in the company
- Work in a culture of collaborative and agile problem solving - adopting practices and principles from Extreme Programming and Continuous Delivery like mob & pair programming, YAGNI, TDD
- Work in a culture that combines fast delivery with safe deployments by adopting modern approaches to development like Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, Observability Driven Development, ...
- Contribute to improving our product development process to continuously raise the bar for product delivery and developer experience
- Provide technical support to our syndication partners on a periodic basis
- Strong experience with designing & developing client-side web applications leveraging HTML DOM API and CSS
- Experience with or basic understanding of video playback solutions
- Experience with or basic understanding of advertisement concepts & related technologies like Ad Server, SSP, DSP, Header Bidding etc.
- Experience with or basic understanding of user data acquisition concepts & related technologies like CMP, DMP etc.
- Familiarity with the latest best practices related to writing code, building & designing systems, as well as deploying multi-tenant software
- Working knowledge or basic familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS and IaC like Terraform
- Curiosity, a collaborative mindset and strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with or interest in Machine Learning & AI
The Recruitment Process:
Step 1: Apply with resume/portfolio
Step 2: Initial Chat with a recruiter
Step 3: A total of 3 conversations A: Manager Chat (~60 minutes) B: Core Programming (~60 minutes Pair programming session) C: Systems Thinking (~60 minutes System Design Session)
We offer a flexible working environment here at OneFootball:
-You can be located anywhere in Portugal
-Flexible working hours
-Travel and work from another EU country up to 90 days per year, 10 days per quarter from a non-EU country.
If we have captured your interest and you want to help us build the ultimate media platform for football fans, apply now and join our team!
OneFootball strives for a healthy and safe workplace and is committed to building diverse teams.