Senior Payroll Operations Analyst
Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the role:
The Senior Payroll Operations Analyst will lead the communication and coordination with external payroll providers in the countries Payhawk operates (Bulgaria, UK, US, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, France, Lithuania). The role combines payroll expertise with a deep understanding of international payroll regulations. By effectively coordinating with external providers in different countries and entities, they would play a crucial role in ensuring compliant, efficient, and accurate payroll processes across borders.
- Coordinate payroll providers in different countries and entities. Establish strong working relationships with these providers and monitor service level agreements (SLAs).
- Stay updated with the ever-changing payroll regulations, tax laws, and employment legislation in various countries with the support of local payroll providers. Ensure compliance with local requirements and manage payroll-related audits and reporting.
- Be responsible for labor related documentation related with employee onboarding and offboarding (contracts, new employee forms, termination orders, etc.).
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing on a monthly (bimonthly) basis by validating input payroll data, transferring it to payroll providers, and controlling output data and respective proper accounting entries and cost centre reporting.
- Create and keep up-to-date payroll related policies and processes (monthly payroll cadence, sick leaves, work from home, commuting allowance, etc.)
- Resolve payroll related employee inquiries and issues with collaboration with HR, Finance and Legal.
- Manage & control team budgets and part of the benefits across all Payhawk entities
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with payroll and compensation regulations, tax laws, and employment legislation.
- Experience in managing external vendors and service-level agreements.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret complex payroll data.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Project management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Two weeks exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Sofia)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Additional Medical care
- Company office massages
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product
Something looks off?