Director of Payment Operations
Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
Payhawk Financial Services UAB (‘PFS UAB’) has submitted a well crafted application to obtain an Electronic Money Institution (‘EMI’) license to the Bank of Lithuania. We are looking for an extraordinary Director of Finance and Payment Operations.
As a senior team member, you will:
- Lead the payment operations function in an EMI;
- Have oversight of the settlement process with the card scheme(s) and payment rails;
- Manage reconciliation of safeguarded funds, have oversight of safeguarding requirements and ensure that we meet the relevant regulatory requirements;
- Collaborate with the broader leadership team on relationships with our various payment providers (e.g. card scheme, transactional banking) to build and optimize EMI setup and costs;
- Ensure relevant Regulatory Capital obligations are met in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Manage currency balances and respective conversion as per group policy;
- Be responsible for the EMI reporting to the relevant regulatory and state institutions;
- Liaise and collaborate with HQ finance team on group financial reporting;
- Lead the interaction with the external accounting firm for any relevant topics to the entity;
- Serve on the Board of the entity.
The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a regulated Financial Services industry (such as a payment FinTech or banking) and ideally, in a fast-scaling environment, where they were responsible for building a team and processes.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a regulated banking or payment industry in the finance/payments area;
- Deep knowledge of payment and card schemes as well as settlement processes;
- Experience with leading EMI reporting to relevant regulatory institutions;
- Track record in building a team/teams and processes from scratch, ideally in a fast-scaling environment;
- Great communication and language skills (English and Lithuanian)
- Candidate to be based and have the right to work in Lithuania.
Good to have
- Good understanding of the SaaS industry and venture-backed businesses;
- Experience in a fast-scaling, high-velocity and dynamic environment, ideally with a track record of successfully building operating and outsourcing processes from scratch;
- Experience with a global, cross-border business with other group entities providing and receiving services from the Lithuanian EMI applicant entity;
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Two weeks exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Sofia)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Additional Medical care
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product
Payhawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.