Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the role
Payhawk is looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and eager to learn individual who wants to join our Finance Team as an Accountant. In this role, you will take a leading role in the monthly and yearly closing processes for a number of entities in multiple geographies (Bulgaria, UK, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, France, Lithuania, Ireland, US). You will have the opportunity to experience fast-paced company growth with a start-up mindset operating in the SAAS and Fintech industries.
- Responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping of several Payhawk entities under IFRS
- Perform the month-end/annual closing procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Process supplier invoices from receipt of invoice up until payment, including daily review of supplier invoices and expenses using our own Payhawk platform for expense management
- Share any user experience feedback to the Product team to help improve our product
- Ensure business trip expenses are in compliance with the internal expense policy and local regulations
- Support the annual external audit of the entities you are responsible for
- Support day-to-day operations ensuring timely and accurate inputs and outputs
- Proactively recommend improvements to increase operational efficiency
- Assist with operational and administrative tasks as needed.
- 3+ years’ accounting experience, preferably in a multinational company and/or across different entities in Europe
- Higher education degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Any progression towards an ACCA or another internationally recognized qualification would be considered an advantage
- IFRS knowledge will be considered an advantage
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite would be considered an advantage
- Excellent command of English; a second language is a plus (German, Spanish, French, Dutch)
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with great attention to detail
- A process-oriented mind that is not afraid to challenge existing processes and build new ones.
- 30 days holiday paid leave, plus bank holidays
- Competitive compensation package
- Exchange policy to another Payhawk office (Amsterdam, London, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Sofia)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product with monthly travel allowance.
Payhawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.