Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
The Compliance Analyst will be working closely with the Head of Compliance, Credit Risk and the Product team. It is required to execute the firm’s strategy in accordance with regulatory expectations and industry best practices. The focus is to conduct the customer due diligence, apply Payhawk’s KYB/KYC processes, assess the documents and information provided in support of customers’ applications, identify fraudulent behaviour by screening and monitoring clients and any other requests.
- Review client applications and perform underwriting of B2B customers mainly from our EU market by also expecting to have a back-up role with EU companies onboarding
- Monitor and evaluate customer verification documents. Support the due diligence process - initial and ongoing. Ensure complete and appropriate documentation is maintained.
- PEP and Sanctions screening of applicants, companies and their representatives.
- Report to MLRO any information related to potentially fraudulent activity.
- Review internal and external fraud alerts and escalations for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
- Perform data review and analysis, as well as maintenance of all internal procedures and processes automation related to customer due diligence processes.
- Maintain a complete understanding of operational business processes, policies, and systems.
- At least 2 years of work experience as a Compliance/Onboarding Analyst
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or any related field
- Ownership and entrepreneurship, positive attitude, energy, openness to feedback, comfortable with a fast-changing environment
- A great initiative taker, ability to initiate projects through ideas that have a high business contribution
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Additional Medical care
- Company office massages
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product
Payhawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.