Quality Assurance Manager
Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
Payhawk Financial Services UAB (‘PFS UAB’) is a licensed Electronic Money Institution (‘EMI’) in Lithuania. We are looking for an extraordinary Deputy MLRO/Quality Assurance Lead to navigate between the applicable AML laws and regulations and evaluate adherence to AML policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the MLRO in the preparation and management of the risk assessment system as well as development and implementation of AML/CTF policies and procedures;
- Support MLRO providing advice to management bodies regarding the acceptance of new clients or the continuation of business relations with existing clients;
- Develop and improve the financial crime monitoring system, create new rules and scenarios based on the Company's business models and good international practices;
- Ensure that the Company’s internal controls enable to proper ML/TF related reporting and implementation of FIU orders;
- Implement the fraud prevention measures and strategies across the Company;
- Support the MLRO in the preparation and submission of AML and Compliance related reports, assessments, audits etc. to regulatory authorities, Management bodies, Auditors and others as required by applicable laws and regulations;
- Assist MLRO in preparation of targeted training sessions for employees of Payhawk;
- Cooperate with the operational teams in other jurisdictions to ensure that AML requirements are met;
- Cooperate with Sanctions Manager in establishing and maintaining Quality Assurance framework within the Company, conduct ongoing quality assurance reviews.
The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a regulated Financial Services industry (such as a payment FinTech or banking) and ideally, in a fast-scaling environment, where they were responsible for building AML compliant processes.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a regulated banking or payment industry in the finance/payments area;
- Sound knowledge of payment operations and card schemes;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details
- Good understanding of the Bank of Lithuania's regulations and the local regulatory landscape;
- Great communication and language skills (English and Lithuanian);
- Previous experience specialising in AML compliance or Quality Reviews.
- Candidate to be based and have the right to work in Lithuania.
Optional / Good to have
- Good understanding of the SaaS industry and venture-backed businesses;
- Experience in a fast-scaling, high-velocity and dynamic environment;
- Experience with a global, cross-border business with other group entities providing and receiving services from the Lithuanian EMI applicant entity;
- ICA or CAMS certification would be considered as an advantage;
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Two weeks exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Sofia)
- Regular team-wide events
- Additional Medical care
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product