Commercial Director, DACH
Payhawk is the leading global spend management solution for scaling businesses. Headquartered in London and combining company cards, reimbursable expenses and accounts payable into a single product; its future-facing technology enables finance teams to control and automate company spending at scale.
The Payhawk customer base includes fast-growing and mature multinational companies in 32 countries including LuxAir, Gtmhub, and Wagestream. With offices in New York, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Sofia; Payhawk is backed by renowned investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greenoaks, QED Investors, Earlybird Digital East, and Eleven Ventures.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
In line with our rapid growth strategy, we are looking for a Commercial Director to expand our Market share in the DACH region. As a key market for the business, the Commercial Director will have overall responsibility for the new business revenue target and our development of the region. This role will report directly to the VP of Sales and work effectively and efficiently to set the strategy, recruit, enable the team, prioritise key targets, work closely with the Regional Marketing Directors and drive successful outcomes.
You will be leading all aspects of the business in your region, including:
- Recruiting and Building a high-performing team (AEs, BDRs, Partnerships)
- You are happy to get your hands dirty, learn the market specific for your region, be involved in supporting the team with key opportunities, and develop a playbook for your team
- You will own the country targets and metrics in order to grow the pipeline
- Tailoring the sales playbook to the DACH market
- Tailor our outbound campaign to the DACH market
- Tailor our lead gen campaigns to the DACH market
- Explore alternative growth strategies with the marketing team
- Be the spokesperson for Payhawk in Germany during key events
- In addition you will define the territory strategy and growth plan foreseeing all operations plans, sales implementation and generating progress reports. You will be responsible for the country budget, planification, and forecasting.
We expect you to bring a start-up mindset, and will naturally thrive in a high-growth and fluid tech environment:
- At least 7 years of proven experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of over-achievement in a leadership or senior sales role such as Commercial Director, Head of Sales or General Manager
- +2 years experience in a Hyper-Growth Startup
- Success in launching and scaling a business in a new and competitive territory
- Experience selling SaaS products to midmarket companies (100-1000 employees) in an outbound motion
- A natural leader who inspires the team
- An energetic and highly-motivated individual with a strong desire to work in a dynamic tech start-up environment
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesloft, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Lusha, Kaspr
- Experience with the ecosystems of Oracle Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics or SAP is considered a plus.
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package
- Exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Paris, Barcelona, Sofia, Amsterdam)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular international team-wide events
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product with a monthly travel allowance.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in Germany.
Payhawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.