Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
turkey, nc, usa
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy explaining complex solutions in a way that everybody gets excited? If so, read on!
Picus Security is a place where exceptional people gather to do their best work. We convert new ideas to exceptional solutions and great customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Picus to become part of our talented team!
Picus Security pioneered Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) technology in 2013, recognized as a Cool Vendor in Security and Risk Management by Gartner in 2019 and a leading vendor in BAS Market by Frost & Sullivan in 2022. Picus is a Series-B startup supported by reputable private equity and venture capital organizations including Mastercard, Turkven, Earlybird Capital, ACT and Endeavor Catalyst.
Picus Security’s complete security validation platform helps CISOs and security teams gain visibility over their security posture by continuously validating their security controls and their SIEM/SOC tools, and remediating any potential exposure rapidly with the help of Breach and Attack Simulation technology.
About The Role
If you’re a results-driven person with an entrepreneurial mindset, who takes the initiative and thrives in a dynamic environment, then this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing cyber security company. You will be able to have a direct impact on the future of our business by helping to influence global adoption of our award-winning Complete Security Validation platform.
As Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Picus you will identify and generate well qualified sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling activities, understanding how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. To be successful you will work well under pressure, think outside of the box, easily initiate relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects and be highly self-motivated and driven.
You will report to the Manager, SDR based in the US.
This Sales Development Representative (SDR) job is a Remote based role. #LI-Remote
What You'll Do
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities; providing education and appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Interact with prospects using a variety of methods, telephone, email etc, with a high attention to detail
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin the sales cycle
- Work with the Sales Team and Manager, SDR to create target prospects list and penetrate key accounts
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Set demos and appointments with well qualified leads with the sales team
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars and set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on a strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in the CRM application
- Support sales team to close deals
- Work smart to achieve agreed sales targets, KPI goals and objectives
What You Have
- 2+ years of successful experience as a SDR in the IT industry, preferably in cybersecurity
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Demonstrated success in prospecting
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM applications, preferably Salesforce
- Familiar with prospecting automation tools like Zoominfo, Outreach or SalesLoft
Working at Picus
Fascinating work - a chance to shape and lead an exciting, fast-growing cyber security segment. Breach and Attack Simulation is a new concept that helps organizations evaluate their security posture in a continuous, automated, and repeatable way. This approach allows for the identification of imminent threats, provides recommended actions, and produces valuable metrics about cyber-risk levels.
Unlimited opportunity! We are growing. At Picus, you'll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle - new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
Global exposure - Get a lot of experience working not only in a fast-growing startup but also interact with customers all around the world.
Be part of a global team that’s located in Turkey, UK, US, UAE, Italy, Singapore, India, Mexico and Brazil.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, religious belief, gender or gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by International law. Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete reference and identity checks in line with local labor laws and as per the Company’s employment policy.