Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy explaining complex solutions in a way that everybody gets excited? If so, read on!
Picus Security is a place where exceptional people gather to do their best work. We convert new ideas to exceptional solutions and great customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Picus to become part of our talented team!
Picus Security pioneered Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) technology in 2013, recognized as a Cool Vendor in Security and Risk Management by Gartner in 2019 and a leading vendor in BAS Market by Frost & Sullivan in 2022. Picus is a Series-B startup supported by reputable private equity and venture capital organizations including Mastercard, Turkven, Earlybird Capital, ACT and Endeavor Catalyst.
Picus Security’s complete security validation platform helps CISOs and security teams gain visibility over their security posture by continuously validating their security controls and their SIEM/SOC tools, and remediating any potential exposure rapidly with the help of Breach and Attack Simulation technology.
About The Role
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers at all levels of seniority as part of our Engineering team that builds Picus’s innovative cybersecurity product that works in both cloud and on-prem environment. Picus is designed to identify gaps in security controls and offer mitigation options. Our engineers provide solutions for a wide range of technical challenges from attack simulation engine to windows, Linux and macOS endpoint peers as well as user dashboards. We need team members with great energy, willingness to learn and succeed and an open mind to create a top cybersecurity product in an agile environment.
As Picus Engineers, we’re committed to creating a sincere team environment that fosters trust, integrity, empathy, and growth. You’ll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow.
What you’ll do
- Be a part of engineering team with great product development, delivery, growth and teamwork culture. Be ready to improve yourself and others around you.
- Grow yourself with frequent system-design, refactoring and clean code practices. Work with top-notch engineering team, well-thought architecture and contribute to it.
- Actively contribute to code, system-design, features, even roadmap. Share best practices, your opinions, contribute to the product and create impact.
- Work with a top-notch UX and PM team. Contribute to the impact and usability of the product through well-thought features. Build the part of the product that deals with scalability, extendability and performance aspects.
- Work with well-established agile methodologies. Enjoy being a part of an actual self-organizing team using scrum as it is meant to be used. Refine, plan and make retrospectives of the sprints and this time, actually utilize them in the sprint (instead of just filling documents or just attending a meeting).
- Be ready for taking responsibility, keeping yourself up-to-date, contributing to the engineering best practices and culture in Picus.
- Learn and teach best practices of the frameworks and technologies we use including but not limited to Go, Gin-gonic, event-driven communication, REST, New relic, Sonarqube.
- Be willing to discuss together, build together, deliver together, sometimes fail together, celebrate together and most importantly grow together.
What You Have
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- Solid foundation in Software Design, Data Structures, and Algorithms
- Experience in software development in at least one programming language (Go is preferred)
- Knowledge on operating systems and network technologies
- Knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL is preferred) and NoSQL database management systems
- Knowledge on Test Driven Development and Unit Testing
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Humble, friendly, adaptive, result-oriented personality
- Preferred hands-on experience with AWS and/or other public cloud computing platforms
- Preferred experience in DevOps processes and concepts
- Preferred knowledge in Cyber Security domain
Working at Picus
Fascinating work - a chance to shape and lead an exciting, fast-growing cyber security segment. Breach and Attack Simulation is a new concept that helps organizations evaluate their security posture in a continuous, automated, and repeatable way. This approach allows for the identification of imminent threats, provides recommended actions, and produces valuable metrics about cyber-risk levels.
Unlimited opportunity! We are growing. At Picus, you'll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle - new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
Global exposure - Get a lot of experience working not only in a fast-growing startup but also interact with customers all around the world.
Be part of a global team that’s located in Turkey, UK, US, UAE, Italy, Singapore, India, Mexico and Brazil.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, religious belief, gender or gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by International law. Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete reference and identity checks in line with local labor laws and as per the Company’s employment policy.