Team Lead - Sales
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitise and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Sales Manager to help us on our journey to revolutionise road freight logistics. You would join our Commercial department, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Head Of Commercial.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Team Lead you will be responsible for winning strategic clients and pushing our growth in Italy. You will be collaborating closely with the Sales Team and the Operations Department to ensure that the clients receive exceptional service. You will act entrepreneurially, having full responsibility for your work results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Train, motivate and lead a team of Sales Agents;
- Take responsibility for new customer acquisition and build up sennder’s customer portfolio;
- Work directly with our key accounts to identify and develop new services and product offerings;
- Conduct ongoing analysis (reports, sales KPIs) of the sales process in order to improve its efficiency;
- Take full ownership of the whole sales cycle;
- Collaborate with the operations department to ensure that clients receive an exceptional service;
- Build up your skills in order to grow into a potential leading role in the future;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 5 years sales experience in the freight forwarding market;
- Experience in B2B Sales, within a Startup and/or in the logistics FTL industry;
- Experience in team management
- A real hunter-mind, with the ability to influencing an audience;
- Great leadership skills;
- A self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Availability to travel within the country (customers’ meetings);
- An excellent level of Italian and English.
ABOUT sennder Italia
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in the office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email or LinkedIn.