Accounting & Tax Lead
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitise and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for an Accounting & Tax Lead to help us on our journey to revolutionise road freight logistics. You would join our Finance Team, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Head of Finance of sennder Italia.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About The Role
As an Accounting & Tax Lead you will prepare the annual and quarter Financial Statement, perform account reconciliations, maintain the general ledger, ensure tax operations ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, assist audit activities and perform other accounting duties as assigned and manage one person.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Prepare the statutory financial statements;
- Manage tax deadlines and calculate periodic fiscal obligations;
- Support the month-end closing, ensuring respect of deadlines and making appropriate corrections and adjustment as required;
- Act as a senior member by supporting and sparring with colleagues during the monthly closing processes, help to complete various accounting - related tasks when backup is needed;
- Take a leading role in creation of process descriptions and process maps for our team routines and help improve and roll out increasingly automated procedures over time;
- Assist / coordinate external audit and internal information requests as well as help to comply with local regulatory and tax regulations;
- Take a leading role in structuring and improving our financial policies and internal controls to the standards aimed by the group.
PREFERABLY YOU ARE:
- 4+ years professional experienced in a similar role supported by a relevant education/qualification out of which 1+ people management is preferred;
- Highly knowledgeable in national and international accounting (focus on IFRS);
- Strongly proficient in double entry and reconciliations;
- Highly experienced in tax management and accounting;
- Very good English and strong communication skills;
- Detail-oriented while understanding the big picture and the goal at the same time;
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility of projects and tasks;
- An excellent user of Excel and experienced in using ERP systems (Oracle Netsuite is a plus);
- Proactive and reliable with a strong analytical mindset.
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
What You Can Expect
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in the office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email or LinkedIN.