Sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a procurement logistics manager to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our operations team in the Paris office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation, and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Procurement Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of FTL Procurement for our organization, ensuring that we optimize our operations, maintain cost-efficient practices.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Oversee the procurement, negotiation and purchase of logistics services, ensuring compliance with competitive pricing and contract terms;
- Perform data management activities including but not limited to data auditing and checking deviations from standard tariffs
- Give advice about any query, complain or dispute associated to tariffs
- Monitor market updates (e.g fuel price, surcharges, etc.) and provide inputs to internal stakeholders
- Planning and execution of tender, scenario
- Develop and maintain a system of key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement and logistics processes;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, and ﬁnance, to ensure alignment of procurement and logistics operations with overall business objectives;
- Prepare and manage procurement and logistics budgets, monitoring expenditures and identifying opportunities for savings.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in role within logistics & distribution focused on analytical tasks based on quantitative data and methodology,
- Strong understanding of procurement and logistics principles, concepts, and best practices,
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills,
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities and knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce, in particular excel/Google sheet (SQL knowledge is considered a plus),
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization,
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment,
- The ability to communicate ﬂuently both in French and English
- Rigorous and methodical
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in reporting, data visualization and designing dashboards, passion for leveraging data to inﬂuence decisions will be a plus
- Able to work as part of a team in order to achieve high-standards goals
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
What you can expect:
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.