Senior Fullstack Engineer - Carrier Onboarding
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer with strong backend technical knowledge and a focus on high-quality code, to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Carrier Onboarding team in the Berlin, Barcelona or Madrid office. For those already based in Spain, you can also opt for a fully remote setup.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like implementing a stunning frontend for our customers, and driving thought-through architectural decisions at team level and beyond. You’ll be collaborating closely with our Senior Product Manager and Staff Engineers to develop our customer conversion and success metrics.
The Carrier Onboarding team is the first contact for our carriers when arriving to sennder, and fully drives the process until a carrier is fully set up to book loads with us. The team constantly iterates on adding new features, increasing conversion, and improving our current flow. The Carrier Onboarding team also manages users within the carrier ecosystem, being a key part in enabling other teams later in the flow, and driving secure access to our public-facing APIs.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- have a huge impact on the first experience of our carriers, driving growth in a core product of the company
- participate in building new solutions in the team’s scope: building / extending microservices as well as creating UI functionality using the micro-frontend approach
- work with talented and experienced engineers within a mature, agile and friendly team
- collaborate with other teams in cross-team projects
- continuously improve the quality of our microservices architecture, assisted by our infra teams
- challenge our product decisions, think out of the box, and collaborate closely with the product org
- help us keep raising the bar in tech at sennder
- belong to the BE and FE developer communities sharing & learning best practices
Preferably you have
- at least 6 years of experience in a backend or fullstack role, working in Node.js or Python
- at least 3 years of frontend or fullstack experience in any of the frontend frameworks, ideally Vue.js
- production experience in a microservices environment, preferably as the owner of a few microservices or micro-frontends
- good communication skills in English
- bonus points for experience with AWS, Docker, and modern CI/CD
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Flexible working option - home-first work policy
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.