Senior Frontend Engineer
sennder is digitizing Europe's logistics. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Workflow in the Barcelona office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you’ll work as part of an autonomous team on building the flexible and scalable Workflow Engine platform that helps us to define and automate ad hoc business processes per Shipper and/or Carriers to best fit their needs and give to the Operators the right visibility in case of incident. You’ll be collaborating closely with various teams to drive the increase in operations efficiency, accuracy, and automation level. You will work on building, from scratch, a UI on top of an existing and growing Workflow Engine. You’ll be collaborating closely with Product and Designer.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Build new UI services using technologies that need to be decided.
- Contribute to our architectural vision and standards as a peer in our healthy, smart, hungry, and open-minded engineering team.
- Deploy services often with GitLab to AWS and monitor them with Datadog and Sentry.
- Make data-driven decisions with Snowflake and Looker. Be engaged in prioritization and planning of our product.
- Define standards and best practices in close collaboration with the team.
- Become a mentor for other engineers and share your expertise.
- Grow 🚀We have both technical and management development tracks.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- A strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale distributed systems (web, event-based, etc).
- Experience working in highly engaged agile teams that focus on outcomes, not outputs.
- Experience working with our tech stack (VueJs, Typescript, Postgres, Kafka, AWS to name a few). Or excited to learn it!
- Self-drive to find solutions to complex problems seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- Preference for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.