Engineering Manager, Core Services
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
sennder is digitizing Europe's logistics. We are a growing team looking for an Engineering Manager to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Core Services team in the platform in the Berlin/Barcelona office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Hands-on Engineering Manager to lead a brand-new team and drive the development and maintenance of our core platform services, with a primary focus on authorization/authentication. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for guiding the team in designing, implementing, and scaling core platform services, while also actively contributing to coding and technical problem-solving.
Importance of the role:
The core services team responsible for managing tier0 services, plays a pivotal role in the success of a software system. These core services, such as authentication and notification, provide the foundation for user access, communication, and system integrity.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Lead and manage an engineering team, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Take a hands-on approach, actively coding, conducting code reviews, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for the team, and execute against that vision, and agreed on the target state
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organization
- Promote and maintain a healthy culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, and inclusion. Lead by example in line with the engineering and company values
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organization by exceeding the expectations of customers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams
- Support and guide individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging technologies in the field of authorization/authentication.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects, managing priorities, resource allocation, and project schedules.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and guide your team in delivering high-quality solutions.
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead, leading a group of engineers.
- 7+ years of experience in building and operating web applications.
- Understanding of security aspects (OpenID, OAuth, Service to Service, Zero Trust)
- Solid knowledge of programming with one of the backend languages (Python, TypeScript), and several programming languages is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex technical issues.
- The constant drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins.
- Continuous learning and is particularly passionate about technology.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities, with the capacity to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects within deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication)
- Python, TypeScript
- Kubernetes, EKS, Helm, Serverless
- Kafka, SQS
- Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- CI/CD with GitLab
- Datadog, Sentry
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.