Junior Operations Analyst
Associate, Operations Excellence
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for an Associate, Operations Excellence to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Operations Excellence Team, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Manager, Operations Excellence.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About The Role
As an Associate, Operations Excellence you’ll work on crucial activities which contribute to the execution of the department vision and strategies by identifying and driving productivity and continuous improvement. Moreover, in this role actively you will support the team by overseeing order entry, order status, adjustments and product availability as well as strategic management of all order management processes.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day order lifecycle, including order ingestion/entry, order status updates, pricing and costing, account maintenance and set up, operations communications and overall order fulfillment;
- Support the team in operational control activities, carrying out daily, weekly and monthly analyses to ensure proper management of the order lifecycle, for customers as well as for suppliers;
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required to support operational issues during peak season managing, checking and closing all the orders received and performed by our Operations Teams;
- Support the drafting of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the team, in order to constantly optimize order management activities;
- Support the automation and maintenance of existing processes and the development of projects assigned to the team;
- Assist operations teams in problem solving and troubleshooting to ensure Stakeholders' needs are being met and results are delivered;
- Collaborate closely with Operations (Account Operations Managers and Carrier Managers), Operations Programs and Finance teams to ensure streamlined and defined processes.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE:
- Master degree in economics, statistics, engineering and equivalent fields or comparable work experience;
- At least 1 year of professional experience in operations, operations excellence, operations analysis, administration with a history of success working ideally within logistics companies and/or scale ups;
- Good experience in data analysis and visualization tools such as SQL, Tableau, PowerBi, Looker to support critical decisions and translating them into actionable insights;
- Experience in working in high-growth and rapidly scaling environments and overcoming the challenges that these bring;
- Great coordination and presenting skills, which facilitate collaboration and partnership;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in Italian and English;
- Ability to work independently with G-Suite and MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint proficient).
- A proactive and self-starter approach with good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Great team working attitude.
ABOUT sennder Italia
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture PM company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
What You Can Expect
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in the office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.