Engineering Manager - Order Fulfillment
sennder is digitizing Europe's logistics. We are a growing team looking for an Engineering Manager to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Order Fulfillment in the Berlin office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Engineering Manager you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like overseeing the design and implementation of engineering solutions, and leading the resolution of complex technical challenges that can shape the future of our products. You’ll be collaborating closely with a Product Manager to develop robust, scalable systems, improve product functionality, and enhance user experience, with key objectives including on-time delivery, optimal system performance, and high user satisfaction.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Lead a cross-functional team of 3 engineers, providing coaching and guidance.
- Work with the team to design, implement, and maintain engineering solutions.
- Address and resolve complex technical issues that your team faces.
- Evaluate team performance and provide feedback to individual engineers, including conducting semi-annual performance reviews.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that engineering efforts align with company goals.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address and resolve complex technical issues.
- Experience leading a team, demonstrating skills in team leadership and project management.
- Experience or interest in mentoring others and fostering their professional development.
- Robust hands-on skills in backend development, with frontend abilities considered a valuable bonus, complemented by validated experience as an effective individual contributor.
- The ability to prioritize tasks effectively and delegate when necessary.
- Some experience in managing projects, demonstrating your ability to meet deadlines.
- A willingness to continue learning and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.