Staff Application Security Engineer
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Staff Application Security Engineer to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Infrastructure Operations (InfraOps) team in the Berlin, Barcelona or Madrid office. We alre also offering this role remotely from Spain.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Staff Application Security Engineer in the InfraOps area, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the security of our products and services. Your role will involve enabling engineering teams in threat modeling, penetration testing, security incident management, and bug bounty program coordination. Collaborating with diverse teams, you will lead the process of integrating security aspects seamlessly into the software development lifecycle, providing valuable insights and guidance to safeguard against cyber threats while fostering a culture of continuous improvement in product security maturity. Strong technical skills, leadership abilities, and effective communication will be key to success in this role.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Provide security expertise and support, delivering new solutions and improvements to existing technology to help software engineers build and securely operate products and services from the ground up
- Lead security initiatives across an organization
- Liaise with software development teams for design, code reviews and education and be a security go-to person
- Lead an assessment and implementation of the processes and controls to meet security requirements
- Introduce and supporting cyber security platforms and monitoring tools
- Perform proactive research to identify new threats and attack vectors.
- Develop and maintain common security design patterns (playbooks, blueprints) and reference architecture models
- Build a community to increase awareness / passion for security
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- Extensive hands-on engineering experience and deep understanding of software development
- Proficiency in working with cloud environments, preferably with expertise in AWS
- Expertise in security engineering, security platforms, and in-depth knowledge of cyber security technologies and controls
- Experience on SIEM/SOAR applications (e.g. Splunk, Qradar, Exabeam), log onboarding and parsing with regular expressions
- Familiarity with tools and techniques employed by attackers within corporate networks, including identifying common IT system flaws and vulnerabilities
- Understanding of threat landscapes and threat modeling, along with proficiency in security threat and vulnerability management, and security monitoring
- Proven track record of collaborating closely with engineering teams and supporting their efforts in adopting a security-first approach (shifting security left)
- Experience of building an engineering security culture from scratch
- Industry leading cloud and/or security certification(s). (AWS Certified Security – Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, or equivalent)
- Familiarity with security & compliance certification processes, such as SOC2 and ISO27001
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast growing, start-up-oriented international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 11 country offices with English as our company language
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Home-first work policy, we also provide remote working options
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.