Software Engineer II | Backend
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a Software Engineer II in the Technology department to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You will join our Facility Management pod. The role is located in our Berlin or Barcelona offices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As a Software Engineer II you’ll bring your engineering creativity into action in a brand new domain space, Facility Management, in the organization. You will be building scalable microservices that enriches Facility information with location precision data and geo fencing. Further the services will enable digitisation of automatic facility scheduling and provide ease of rescheduling to the drivers on the road in real-time and keep the business rolling. You’ll be collaborating closely with various teams to drive the increase in operational efficiency, accuracy, and automation.
In this role, you will …
- Build new and improve existing microservice using Python and various technologies (e.g. Postgres, Kafka, Terraform, Docker, k8s).
- Contribute to our architectural vision and standards as a peer in our healthy, smart, hungry, and open-minded engineering team.
- Deploy services with GitLab to AWS and monitor them with Datadog and Sentry.
- Make data-driven decisions with metrics.
- Be engaged in customer journeys, prioritization and planning of our product.
- Define standards and best practices in close collaboration with the team.
- Grow 🚀to mentor other engineers and share your expertise.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- A strong technical background with 5+ years of experience in development, designing and engineering large-scale distributed systems (web, event-based, etc).
- Experience working in highly engaged agile teams that focus on customer impacts.
- Experience working with our tech stack (Python, Postgres, Kafka, AWS to name a few). Or excited to learn it!
- Self-drive to find solutions to complex problems seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- Preference for simple solutions and designs over complex ones and data-oriented.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
- For the Barcelona office we offer: Meal allowance and private health insurance.
Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour. Hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.