Product Director - Carrier Marketplaces
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In the traditional logistics industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.We are a growing team looking for a Product Director to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role can be located in either our Berlin HQ or Amsterdam office.
You will lead strategically important cross-departmental initiatives and drive the long-term vision and strategy for your product area.
You’ll be collaborating closely with the central and local operational teams, pricing team, product managers and engineering teams to develop the number one marketplace for carriers.
- Refine and operationalize (from setting the vision to coaching the team on product requirements and delivery) a holistic strategy to offer the most compelling set of business opportunities for our carriers (one-off loads, regular lanes, truck “chartering”, …), and therefore become the leading marketplace in the industry.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our carriers when doing business with sennder, taking into account the diversity of their profiles (size, business model, origin, …) and expectations (one-off loads, regular “contracts”, integrated plans for their trucks… )
- Manage a team of product managers (on Load marketplace, Contract marketplace, Matching, Asset planning), coaching them as they drive the research, discovery and delivery for their problem spaces
- Be the thought leader on our value proposition to give unprecedented access to business opportunities, and key ‘bridge’ person with senior leadership in the engineering teams, as well as operational teams in order to make the change happen
Own key business KPIs such as marketplace adoption and conversion, and partner with other teams (central & local operations, pricing, other product teams…) to drive improvement.
- Put data and metrics at the heart of your teams’ decision-making and communication.
- Become a leader in our Product community, and support your peers to improve their product skills (e.g. planning, user research, experimentation…)
- Extensive professional experience in product management, including ideally with a “marketplace” type of offering, and/or working with Machine learning teams on pricing and recommendation topics
- Experience leading a team of product managers.
- Experience researching, defining and delivering customer-impacting products in a scale-up environment
- Experience working in an ops-heavy and multi-country environment, and overcoming the challenges that these bring (i.e. change management, collaboration,...)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - sennder is a diverse and multicultural environment
- Track record of “elevating” product management teams on topics such as excellence in experimentation, user research, planning
- Logistics industry experience is a strong plus
- Dynamic scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- We prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value passion and leadership and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at email@example.com. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.