(Senior) Data Engineer
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer in the Platform - Data Engineering & Analytics team to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role is located in our Berlin office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As a (Senior) Data Engineer in the platform department, you will play a key role in developing our data platform and data products. Our team leads sennder’s trust in data by providing reliable internal products & platforms that engineers and data analysts use to build the next logistic digital revolution. In this role, you will...
- Develop amazing internal products used daily by hundreds of our colleagues, such as:
- The data-catalog, used to explore and understand all available data
- The data warehouse and its data-marts, used for data modeling and analytics
- The ingestion and ELT pipelines fetching data from various internal & external sources
- The reverse-ETL pipeline, used to expose aggregated and clean data to data-driven products, ML platform…
- The reporting & BI platform, used by everyone in the company to monitor the health of our business
- The observability tools, providing clear insights on the meta-data from all our other tools (usage, cost, dependencies…)
- Automate and scale repetitive tasks around data management, CI/CD, self-service tools… we LOVE Infrastructure as a Code for a good reason!
- Shape the Data flows and architecture. sennder aims to scale and we need the infrastructure, automation and processes to support it.
- Collaborate closely with product development and analytics teams to optimize data flows, improve data quality and drive sennder’s trust in data to new heights
- Play a big part in the product prioritization process. We strongly believe that the best decisions come from people who are closest to the products. Our engineers don’t only implement a roadmap, they also play a key role in the design and prioritization of our features
- Learn, grow and innovate with us. Innovation & discovery is part of an engineer’s DNA, and so is self-improvement. We strongly support and enable it with dedicated afternoons for innovation and learning in each sprint!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- Solid practical experience in building data pipelines, data products and ideally you have seen a data-mesh in action
- Strong technical skills. We currently use SQL/DBT, Python, Bash, Airflow, Fivetran, Snowflake, Kafka (confluent), PostgreSQL, Looker, AWS, Gitlab, Terraform - and we are always open to experiment with new stacks!
- A great team player mindset, especially in a remote and international environment. Strong internal communication (async and sync) is a must to keep our team spirit at its peak!
- A developer mindset - most of your goals can be achieved by code committed to version control, you thrive for automation, and you care about test-driven development and documentation.
- Experience working in (light-weight) agile - you are familiar with the concept of agile development. We constantly adjust our ways of working to ensure collaboration, transparency, a safe work environment and continuous improvement of our deliveries. We also make sure not to have pointless meetings
- Data-driven mindset. You can create technical OKRs for features that you lead. You take decisions based on data. Instead of assuming, you refine and collect data points.
- Strong communication skills - you make your voice heard within the team and the wider tech organization, and engage with stakeholders to enable them and listen to their needs
- Some experience with DevOps/DevSecOps to keep our CI/CD process smooth
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Flexible work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan
Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click Inside sennder for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.