Senior Frontend Engineer, Facility Management
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer in the Facility Management pod department to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role is located in our Berlin office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will bring your engineering mindset into action in a new domain space, Facility Management, by revolutionizing the website experience for our users with enriched Facility information containing location precision data and auto geo-fencing capabilities. Further with services enabling digitisation of automatic facility scheduling, user experience is expected to evolve to new dimensions. We are looking for people who are passionate to take on responsibility to drive architectural changes to push sennder forward technically by adapting new technologies and by setting higher standards. You’ll be collaborating closely with various teams to drive the increase in operational efficiency, accuracy, and automation.
In this role, you will …
- Build and improve website user interface built using cutting-edge technologies like VueJs, Typescript, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, etc.
- Design and lead crucial technical projects and initiatives across teams.
- Define standards and best practices in close collaboration with the team.
- Become a mentor for other software engineers.
- Be engaged in prioritization and planning of our product.
- Deploy services often with GitLab to AWS and monitor them with Datadog and Sentry, and perform code reviews.
- Make data-driven decisions with Datadog, Snowflake and Looker.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- Overall 6+ years of experience in front-end development. At least 5+ years of experience in developing web applications in client-side frameworks such as VueJS, ReactJs, etc.
- Super power HTML/CSS skills – you understand not only how to handle data, but also how to make it look great.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing applications built on microservices architecture, that run on production, using one of the backend languages such as Python or Java.
- Ability to mentor and guide the team on best frontend practices and industry standards.
- Preference for simple solutions and designs over complex ones and must be data-oriented.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Flex work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
- Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at email@example.com. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.