Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a front-end engineer in the Transit pod to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role is located in our Berlin/Barcelona office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As a frontend engineer, you’ll work on building the next generation of the Transit systems and you’ll be contributing to building our new micro-frontends to improve our users’ operational efficiency. We are looking for people who are passionate about the user experience and are interested in learning more about Logistics. You’ll be collaborating closely with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, product managers and designers to drive the increase in operational efficiency, accuracy, and automation. In this role, you will …
- Build new UI services using cutting-edge technologies like VueJs, Typescript, AWS, etc.
- Contribute to our architectural vision and standards as a peer in our healthy, smart, hungry, and open-minded engineering team.
- Deploy services often with GitLab to AWS and monitor them with Datadog and Sentry, and perform code reviews.
- Be engaged in customer journeys, prioritization and planning of our product.
- Define standards and best practices in close collaboration with the team.
- Grow 🚀to mentor other engineers and share your expertise.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- Overall 4+ years of experience in front-end development using frameworks such as VueJS, ReactJs, etc.
- High HTML/CSS skills – you understand not only how to handle data, but also how to make it look great.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Production experience in a microservices environment.
- Familiarity with Jest or other testing frameworks for writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience working in highly engaged agile teams that focus on customer impacts.
- Bonus points for experience with AWS, Docker, and modern CI/CD.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Felx work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
- Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.