Operations Manager - Responsabile Dipartimento Operativo
Operations Manager - Responsabile Dipartimento Operativo
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitise and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for an Operations Manager to help us on our journey to revolutionise road freight logistics. You would join our Operations Team, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Sr. Carrier Executive.
This job position is also open to persons registered in the list of protected categories pursuant to Law 68/99.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About The Role
As a Carrier Executive (Operations, Manager) you will manage several teams each one focused on specific topics (account operator, carrier manager, allocator) and you’ll play a leadership role in achieving the company's objectives.
You’ll report to the Sr. Career Executive and you’ll be collaborating closely with the Procurement department to ensure the best transport service and quality.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Manage yours teams to ensure coverage for open available freight using internal tools, external capacity resources, and learned sales techniques;
- Support the account operations team ensuring the achievement of the business goals.
- Improve the relationship with our Key Suppliers and support the Procurement department in tender and contract evaluation;
- Define KPI and target for the teams;
- Ensure periodic reports and analysis to be provided to management;
- Supervise our daily transports and handle all arising inquiries from carriers;
- Manage a team and work with carriers to solve complex business challenges to identify opportunities and recommend solutions;
- Develop team members skills, manage problems and provide performance analysis to support sennder Italia’s success in achieving its goals.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE:
- Confidence in using data to analyze and track key metrics;
- 3+ years experience in full truck load transport by road (preferably with Freight Forwarding experience);
- 2+ years experience in people management with different seniority;
- Updated on freight forwarding market dynamics;
- Experience in managing framework agreements with suppliers;
- A great problem solver as well as a person with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Knowledgeable on how to validate business opportunities (feasibility and sustainability);
- Ideally a native level of Italian language and a very good English knowledge.
ABOUT sennder Italia
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
What You Can Expect
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
For the Milan office we offer: free on-site gym!Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at email@example.com. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.