Operations Quality Manager (Hybrid work)
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Manager, Operations Quality to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our “Operations Programs” department, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Sr Manager, Operations Programs.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About the role
As a Manager, Operations Quality you’ll be part of the Operations Programs Department and work on a variety of strategic and operational priorities for a sennder Italia Regional office. You will be reporting into the Sr Manager, Ops Programs, with a dotted reporting to the central Program Manager for Service Quality and actively manage a team of Team Leads and Program Managers. Quality at sennder pertains to deep understanding, visibility, management and communication of performance against customer expectations at each step from order acceptance to order execution and completion. The team aims to drive a proactive culture of quality at sennder and to keep exceeding standards of service expected by our customers, steered by evidence-based decision making. Improve quality of data collection and reporting, thereby increasing internal, shipper and carrier trust on key service quality metrics. You will help drive programs to improve data accuracy and timeliness with a focus on your market while adopting a cohesive approach across markets.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Manage and mentor teams of operations professionals, providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations to ensure a high-performing and motivated workforce, fostering a learning environment to promote professional growth and development;
- Analyze existing operational processes, identify bottlenecks, and develop strategies to streamline workflows, reduce operational costs, and enhance overall quality and efficiency;
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics for operations and consistently utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement;
- Champion a customer-centric culture within the operations teams, ensuring that customer needs are met with the highest level of service and satisfaction. Address any customer-related issues promptly and professionally;
- Discuss performance, negotiate and implement actions on a regular base with Shippers and Carriers;
- Oversee Incidents, Claims and Penalties processes and metrics, improving service quality and profitability;
- Ensure documentation of Shippers’ and Carriers’ operational requirements and central guidance adherence by local team, deploying standard operational processes (SOP), and train local operations teams to use new tools and dashboards;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, analytics, sales and finance, to ensure seamless coordination and alignment on operational goals;
- Prepare regular reports on operational quality performance and sponsor improvement initiatives to communicate progress and achievements to senior management;
- Support in reducing manual activities and manual data input, contributing to the quality product pipeline - features & tech- and creation of automations.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE
- Fluency in Italian and English, written and spoken;
- 6+ years of operational experience (demand or supply side) preferably in road freight logistics, mobility or related industries, with at least 1 year in managerial role;
- Master degree degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain Management;
- Proven track record of successfully managing teams and driving operational excellence;
- Proven track record in multiple stakeholders management, internal and external and strong negotiation skills;
- Experience in defining solutions to complex topics with an equally data-driven and pragmatic approach ;
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator who can quickly synthesize a lot of information, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights;
- Strong in running analyses both autonomously and supporting the team, and translating them into actionable insights;
- Able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize, focus on what is really important, and think as a self starter;
- Experience working with MS Office skills or G-Suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Experience with analytical tools such as Python / Tableau and exposure to SQL;
- Experience with Quality / Quality Management Systems / ISO is a plus.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities;
- An international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 11 country offices with English as our company language;
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager. One week of sennder Academy for your onboarding and full access to sennder Learning platform.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Gym in the office
- Ticket Restaurant and a welfare program
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews and onboarding.
- Remote working policy
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.