sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing technology startup sennder is revolutionizing road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more about us here.
The Group Accountant is here to be responsible for managing and supervising the daily operations of the accounting department. The role is based in our Berlin HQ office.
Your challenge will be:
- Preparing monthly group reporting according to IFRS in close cooperation with the Head of Group Accounting
- Support group subsidiaries in IFRS related accounting matters
- Prepare analyses of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Implement new reporting policies on group and local level
- Develop and improve accounting and reporting practices throughout the company
- Take the reporting to the next level using Oracle Netsuite ERP
- Working closely together with the Head of Finance and CFO
To get there you will need:
- 4+ years of work experience, preferably as an auditor or consultant within a Big4 audit company
- Strong IFRS knowledge, basic German GAAP knowledge will be a plus
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline. ACCA is a plus.
- Open and communicative personality
- Team spirit and high job commitment
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility of projects that push the needle within sennder
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 70 nationalities, 1000+employees and 11 offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.