Senior HR Business Partner (German speaker)
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In the traditional logistics industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a Senior HR Business Partner in the People department to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role is located in our Berlin office.
As a senior hr business partner, you will be supporting one or more business areas of our central team as their main point of contact. You will have the opportunity to drive change while supporting our growing teams. Aside from your key stakeholders in your business area, you will work closely with the whole people team - not only the other business partners in Berlin and across Europe, but also our colleagues in learning & development, people programs, people operations and talent acquisition.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
- Be responsible for translating the People strategy into action for your business area(s)
- Act as sparring partner for leaders - from new managers to directors and VPs - to drive an engaged and high-performing culture
- Support and develop your stakeholders through coaching, challenging and advising them on People matters and educating them on internal processes
- Support the execution of People programs to provide our employees with growth and development opportunities (e.g. performance & feedback, expectations & goal setting, career progression planning & training)
- Drive organizational change and transformation (e.g. providing guidance on business unit restructures, workforce and succession planning)
- Liaise with central and local stakeholders to ensure adoption of programs and collect feedback on wider people matters such as comp & ben, talent acquisition, L&D etc.
- Monitor and improve team health, engagement and retention of talent
- Create reports and analyze trends to support your stakeholders and management
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- 5+ years experience as a people business partner, ideally in an international scale-up or corporate environment
- Excellent English and German language skills
- Knowledge in labor law & market practices for Germany is a plus
- Excellent relationship building skills - you have a track record of building trust and rapport with stakeholders
- Empathy - you are a good listener and know how to adapt your approach and communication to different audiences and situations
- Presence - you are able to present your ideas in a clear and concise way and get buy-in from relevant stakeholders
- Analytical skills - you make decisions based on data
- Learning mindset - you actively look for opportunities to grow
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- Dynamic scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- We prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and support with equipping your home-office environment to ensure that you're properly set wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
- For the Berlin office we offer: Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value passion and leadership, we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.