Director - Total Rewards
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitise and automate all road logistics processes. We are a fast growing team with a presence in most European countries. We are looking for a global reward director to be part of our journey to revolutionise road freight logistics. You would join our people team in the Berlin office.
At sennder, we value leaders who are action oriented, demonstrate resilience and exhibit accountability & proactivity. We also believe diversity drives our innovation and therefore, we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Global Reward Director you’re part of the people leadership team setting the people strategy for the company’s future growth. You’re accountable for the global strategy in total rewards, compensation & benefits, including equity programs. Pushing the bar for achieving a high impact total reward approach that supports sennder to stand out in the talent market. You’ll be responsible for implementation of all the programs across more than 10 European countries working highly collaboratively with the country teams. You’ll also be working closely with C-level, senior leadership and subject matter experts in finance and legal.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Develop and implement the total rewards, compensation & benefits strategy that supports the further growth of the company ensuring sennder’s position as employer of choice.
- Drive a consistent and equitable compensation framework including job leveling, compensation positioning, variable pay and incentive schemes and ensuring implementation into all the countries. Set up international mobility policies.
- Play a critical role in new ventures, mergers and acquisitions and other large scale business change projects
- Manage equity programs and future design of new equity plans in close collaboration with finance and legal, execute the administration through the outsourced Equity Administrator.
- Coordinate and execute the full C&B processes (e.g. annual increase process, benchmark, new benefits introduction)
- Manage executive compensation and reporting toward compensation committee
- Bring new insights into emerging C&B trends, issues, and best practices and drive for innovation in the area of total rewards to keep sennder highly competitive in the talent market.
- Own the employee journeys around reward and manage the rewards communication strategy
- Implement a consistent policy & compliance framework across all countries, be the expertise liaison towards the legal team around employment matters.
- Develop communication and change management strategies to increase employee knowledge and understanding of complex C&B topics and programming
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- Extensive knowledge of compensation and benefits programs with more than 8 years of experience in the domain.
- Demonstrated, strong leadership experience with involvement in execution as well as the development of strategic initiatives covering multiple regional areas, preferably in Europe
- Ideally experienced in fast growing companies in a B-t-B environment
- Strong analytical skills, data driven with excellent financial acumen
- In-depth understanding of legal, tax and social security requirements related to C&B
- Concise communicator and able to adapt when interacting with different levels and audiences in the company
- Experience in Global mobility programming
- Language proficiency in German and English
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 10 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email or LinkedIn