Legal Counsel, Employment Law
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In the traditional logistics industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with the power of
data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our “About Us” presentation. We are a growing team looking for a Legal Counsel, in the Legal department to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role is located in our Berlin office.
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
The Legal department is an integral part at sennder and responsible for all matters relating to M&A/Corporate matters, funding and finance matters, data protection, IP/IT law, commercial and transportation law as well regulatory/compliance requirements. sennder Technologies GmbH is looking for an experienced Employment Law Counsel (4y minimum experience inhouse and/or law firm) to build and lead the group's employment law department at the Berlin HQ office of sennder.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the global Employment Law within the legal team - ability to expand and build a larger employment law team is ensured. You will, independently, advise our C-Level and (extended) executive management as well as the People/HR department on all topics of individual and collective employment law as well as related legal areas (e.g. social security law). You will work closely with and report directly to the group general counsel.
- Draft individual and collective agreements, work instructions, and company guidelines/policies, develop strategies, and supervise labor court proceedings and other proceedings to the extent necessary. You will coordinate labor law advice with external law firms across all sennder jurisdictions in the EU and monitor relevant changes in the law.
- Work highly independently and within your own responsibility on individual and collective labor law issues on a global/group level and closely cooperate with other departments on an interdisciplinary basis. You will have the opportunity to have a significant impact on sennder's strategy and further dynamic growth.
- Balance your legal advice with the need of a fast-growing, dynamic company for tangible, pragmatic advice. You are expected to familiarize yourself with sennder's business model and proactively identify current or future challenges and issues.
PREFERRED YOU HAVE
- Successfully (satisfactory ("befriedigend") or higher) completed your German state law examinations and are looking for your next challenge after gaining initial experience as a qualified lawyer in an international law firm or as in-house legal counsel in a larger company. Business fluent in German and English. Further language proficiency is a plus.
- Experience in advising high-growth, VC-backed start-up/scale-up companies (experience in the logistics industry is not mandatory, but would be a big plus).
- An orientation to details and a practical knowledge in the field of German employment law is mandatory.
- Experience in employment law matters of other non-German jurisdictions is not required. However, you are expected to obtain a basic proficiency in employment law advice related to non-German European jurisdictions (with external legal counsel support).
- With a hands-on mentality and the ability to independently identify and assess risks, you are able to work out practical solutions, support implementation in a pragmatic and business-oriented manner.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Dynamic scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- We prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
- Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues.