Procurement & Admin Specialist
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
The role is based out of the Milan office and will report to Sr. Manager, Procurement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Procurement & Admin Specialist, you’ll work on support development, enhancement, and maintenance of multiple datasets to ensure the set of default negotiated tariffs are properly reflected into the Company’s administrative process. You’ll support Managers on carrier negotiations and collaborate closely with Operations, AFC, Legal, Quality and Control, to ensure a successful collaboration between sennder and our partners and clients.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Run Procurement admin tasks including tariff management, monitoring deviations from standard tariffs and provide advice about any query or dispute associated to tariffs, monthly FSC calculations, etc.
- Support on carrier compliance (DURC procedure) and contracting (sourcing and document preparation)
- Run ad-hoc cost analysis for supporting Pricing
- Monitoring actuals vs budget and track savings
- Support on negotiation with carriers with particular focus on RFQs preparation, and analysis of RFQs responses
- Generate data reports on periodic basis for management
- Monthly update of carrier scorecard oriented to the preparation of carrier QBR
- Support on developing process improvements to ensure visibility and traceability
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular excel/Google sheet
- Rigorous and methodical approach
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities in a fast-paced and start-up environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours during peak periods, if requested
- Attitude to work as part of a team to build consensus and achieve goals with the passion for excellence and commitment for results
- Education: bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, mathematics or another quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role preferably within logistics & distribution
- Languages: Fluent written and spoken English & Italian is mandatory and any other languages would be advantageous
ABOUT sennder Italia
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
- For the Milan office we offer: free on-site gym!
- Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.