Spot Development Representative
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Spot Development Executive to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Spot Development Team in the Paris office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About the role:
As a Spot Development Executive you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like ensuring that we accelerate our growth by leveraging our sennder tools to develop our shippers and domestic lanes through flawless operational execution & top customer service skills.
What You Will Do:
- Account growth; manage and define shipper strategies with market trends in mind, own and grow a large portfolio of accounts.
- Customer relationship management; unlock and test new shippers with high opportunity potential across both currently active and new markets.
- Pricing; provide accurate pricing based on current market conditions for Spot opportunities.
- Performance; manage the metrics of your respective accounts, with a focus to achieve high revenue at a positive profit and margin.
- Strategy; collaborate with different teams across the business to target favorable domestic lanes and match acquired volume with our active carrier base.
- Communication; negotiate with customers to find the optimal solution for both sides.
Preferably you have:
- Proven experience in freight forwarding operations or logistics, at least 2 years.
- Knowledge of the European freight market.
- Problem solving mindset. We're faced with new and exciting challenges every single day.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently in a high-paced start-up environment.
- Strong analytical and result-oriented mindset.
- Self-starter with a hands-on working methodology.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected situations in a dynamic environment.
- Stress-resistant and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent French and English skills (written and spoken), other languages being a plus
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
What you can expect:
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.