Team Lead Operations Quality
Team Lead, Operations Quality
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Team Lead Operations Quality to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our “Operations Programs” department, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Sr Manager, Operations Programs.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About the role
The Team Lead, Operations Quality is here to have a key role in the Operations Programs department and drive the overall strategic orientation of the company by analyzing and identifying opportunities and best practices to support our rapid growth. In this role you will focus on KPI and penalties management, with a general overview of the Operations Programs department working closely to your Manager, Operations Quality and your peers.
- Focus on Network Quality Improvements defining and executing strategies to enhance network quality, ensuring optimal performance for our shippers, constantly reducing operational inefficiencies
- Analyze complex business problems to identify the root causes of issues related to network quality and operational performance, recommending corrective actions to carrier managers and account managers to address these challenges effectively
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of key operational metrics and generate performance reports. These reports will be used in presentations to senior management to provide insights into the company's operational health
- Build, implement, and monitor periodic internal and external Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports. These reports will serve as essential tools for tracking progress, setting benchmarks, and ensuring alignment with company goals
- Create and optimize processes that facilitate the identification and resolution of operational issues. Streamline workflows to enhance operational efficiency and reduce errors activating ad-hoc projects
- Collaborate closely with internal departments, including Operations, Sales, Operations Excellence, and Program Management, to ensure alignment and synchronization of operational goals and initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, such as shippers, partners and suppliers
- Lead and manage a team of operations quality specialists, providing guidance, mentorship, and support. Set clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance reviews, and ensure the team's professional development
- Graduated in business, statistics or engineering field;
- 3+ years experienced in Operations Management, Quality and Performance management, Management/Strategic Consultant or similar;
- Preferably experienced in transport/logistic industries;
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, both in Italian and English;
- Able to work independently with G-Suite, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). SQL skills are highly preferred;
- Strong in running analyses independently and translating them into actionable insights;
- A great team player and you managed small teams;
- An extremely proactive and self-starter person with good organizational, interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- A fast learner with an adaptive mindset.
- English and Italian knowledge is a must.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities;
- An international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 11 country offices with English as our company language;
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager. One week of sennder Academy for your onboarding and full access to sennder Learning platform.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Gym in the office
- Ticket Restaurant and a welfare program
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews and onboarding.
- Remote working policy
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.