Software Development Team Lead (m/f/d)
SimScale is an engineering simulation platform that is revolutionizing the way engineers, designers, scientists, and architects design products. The SimScale platform is accessible completely via a web browser, with an easy-to-use interface which supports numerous simulation types including Structural Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics.
By harnessing the power of the cloud for simulation, SimScale eliminates the hurdles that accompany traditional simulation tools: high installation costs, licensing fees, deployment of high-performance computing hardware, mandatory updates and maintenance. Users always have the latest version of SimScale.
We are looking for a seasoned and hands-on Software Development Manager (m/f/d), who will be leading a team of highly skilled back-end developers and therefore have strategic impact on the business. Our roadmap is bursting with opportunity for you to lead a team in solving intriguing challenges and tangibly impacting the customer experience. In this key role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining key parts of our back-end infrastructure; essentially, the backbone of the SimScale platform. Additional responsibilities include cloud cost management, software architecture, technical roadmapping, operations, and stakeholder management. If you have a passion for people management, very solid and hands-on technical knowledge, and want to build solutions to challenging problems this will be an opportunity for you.
What we expect from you
- 10 years of professional experience in software development
- 3 years of professional experience formally leading software development teams
- A degree in computer science or comparable studies, or equivalent professional experience
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- You are self-motivated and with a strong desire to solve problems, invent and simplify
- You live and promote a culture of technical ownership, effectively balancing operations, new developments and continuous improvement of legacy code in the components that your team owns
- While you may have been managing people for several years already, you still consider yourself, in essence, a hands-on software developer, and keep the passion for the craft of software
- Business acumen: while you are knowledgeable about many technologies, you apply them judiciously and opportunistically, always keeping in mind context and business value. You see the value of technology mainly as a solution to problems.
What you can expect from us
- A dedicated team with high expertise, and the opportunity for unrestricted personal growth - start your career with us and become a leader
- An environment where your opinion and ideas matter - we will give you space to make an impact quickly through goal-oriented tasks and projects that leave space for creativity
- A multicultural and inclusive work environment: we come from more than 35 different countries!
- Manage when and where you work with flexible working hours and remote work around the globe
- Your health is important: We offer health insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, etc.), retirement insurance, company pension scheme, paid sick time off, and paid vacation
- Enjoy freshly cooked lunches in our office every Wednesday, or receive regular gift cards as a remote employee
- Feel positive about yourself with a subsidized gym membership in Munich, Basketball meetups, virtual sports and gaming challenges as well as internal wellbeing support
- Professional and personal development opportunities such as online and offline learning, language courses and tech talks
- Relocation and visa support to ease your (and your family’s) relocation
- Fun team events, internal support groups such as “Living in Germany” and the opportunity to join our ESG (environmental, social and governance) or DE&I (diversity, equity and inclusion) task forces
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SimScale
At SimScale, we look beyond borders and hire great talent from all parts of the world. With our team consisting of people from various backgrounds, we truly embrace diversity and encourage everyone to be themselves. We are unified by curiosity, dedication and our team spirit! As an equal opportunity employer, we acknowledge that our employees have different aspirations and career goals, and therefore are committed to create a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. A copy of SimScale's full recruiting guideline can be made available on request. Kindly let us know how you would like to be addressed and whether you have specific requirements for the interview.