Quality Assurance Engineer - Frontend (m/f/d)
SimScale is an engineering simulation platform that is revolutionizing the way engineers, designers, scientists, and architects design products. The SimScale platform is accessible completely via a web browser, with an easy-to-use interface which supports numerous simulation types including Structural Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics.
By harnessing the power of the cloud for simulation, SimScale eliminates the hurdles that accompany traditional simulation tools: high installation costs, licensing fees, deployment of high-performance computing hardware, mandatory updates and maintenance. Users always have the latest version of SimScale.
- Own automated testing within the front-end teams, with the option of developing backend roles.
- Implement and run both manual and automated tests ensuring complete test coverage of SimScale’s existing and new features
- Adapt existing tests and ensure they remain stable over time
- Make sure the tests are executed correctly in SimScale’s CI pipeline
- Ensure that test failures are followed up quickly and diligently
- Triage bug reports, gather logs, and debug information and assign them to the correct engineering teams
What we expect from you
- A degree in computer science or comparable studies, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of test automation development with UI tests and some experience with API tests.
- Very good knowledge of some standard test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt (especially to new programming languages and paradigms, e.g. Java, Python, Go), getting things done attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ownership.
What you can expect from us
- A dedicated team with high expertise, and the opportunity for unrestricted personal growth - start your career with us and become a leader
- An environment where your opinion and ideas matter - we will give you space to make an impact quickly through goal-oriented tasks and projects that leave space for creativity
- A multicultural and inclusive work environment: we come from more than 35 different countries!
- Manage when and where you work with flexible working hours and remote work around the globe
- Your health is important: We offer health insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, etc.), retirement insurance, company pension scheme, paid sick time off, and paid vacation
- Enjoy freshly cooked lunches in our office every Wednesday, or receive regular gift cards as a remote employee
- Feel positive about yourself with a subsidized gym membership in Munich, Basketball meetups, virtual sports and gaming challenges as well as internal wellbeing support
- Professional and personal development opportunities such as online and offline learning, language courses and tech talks
- Relocation and visa support to ease your (and your family’s) relocation
- Fun team events, internal support groups such as “Living in Germany” and the opportunity to join our ESG (environmental, social and governance) or DE&I (diversity, equity and inclusion) task forces
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SimScale
At SimScale, we look beyond borders and hire great talent from all parts of the world. With our team consisting of people from various backgrounds, we truly embrace diversity and encourage everyone to be themselves. We are unified by curiosity, dedication and our team spirit! As an equal opportunity employer, we acknowledge that our employees have different aspirations and career goals, and therefore are committed to create a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. A copy of SimScale's full recruiting guideline can be made available on request. Kindly let us know how you would like to be addressed and whether you have specific requirements for the interview.