Customer Support Agent - Americas (m/f/d)
SimScale is an engineering simulation platform that is revolutionizing the way engineers, designers, scientists, and architects design products. The SimScale platform is accessible completely via a web browser, with an easy-to-use interface which supports numerous simulation types including Structural Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics.
By harnessing the power of the cloud for simulation, SimScale eliminates the hurdles that accompany traditional simulation tools: high installation costs, licensing fees, deployment of high-performance computing hardware, mandatory updates and maintenance. Users always have the latest version of SimScale.
To support our potential customers with their current engineering challenges, we are looking for a full-time Customer Support Agent (m/f/d) to join our international Customer Success Team. Your role will be to support existing SimScale users and to design and manage technical and commercial content that showcases the value of SimScale’s cloud simulation platform to our prospective customers. This exciting role will require you to collaborate and build working relationships with multiple other departments and stakeholders within SimScale, namely: Application Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Engineering.
Please note that we are not sponsoring visas in the United States.
- Work with the Customer Success team to provide engineering support to SimScale users running CFD and FEA Projects
- Learn pre/post processing simulation techniques while working on user projects ranging from pump design, external aerodynamics, drone simulation, turbomachinery, heat transfer, electronics cooling, and structural mechanics (stress / strain, bending, frequency analysis)
- Provide technical support for both existing SimScale users as well as prospective new customers
- Design and curate images, animations, and audio visual material to use on the SimScale website and for training purposes
- Collaborate directly with the Product development team by relaying and documenting customer feedback to help prioritize feature development
- Communicate daily with various internal teams including engineering, product, and customer success to debug simulations and coordinate support projects
What we expect from you
- Graduated from Engineering or a similar study track, with an interest in CAD or CAE simulation software.
- Basic knowledge of commercial CAD and CAE simulation tools (previous hands-on experience is a plus)
- Strong collaboration skills and evidence of working in a team
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and report on Engineering concepts
- Fluency in English (C1+)
- Basic knowledge of the SimScale platform
- Previous industrial experience is a plus
What you can expect from us
- A dedicated team with high expertise, and the opportunity for unrestricted personal growth - start your career with us and become a leader
- An environment where your opinion and ideas matter - we will give you space to make an impact quickly through goal-oriented tasks and projects that leave space for creativity
- A multicultural and inclusive work environment: we come from more than 35 different countries!
- Manage when and where you work with flexible working hours and remote work around the globe
- Feel positive about yourself with virtual sports and gaming challenges as well as internal wellbeing support
- Professional and personal development opportunities such as online and offline learning, language courses and tech talks
- Fun team events, trips to Munich and the opportunity to join our ESG (environmental, social and governance) or DE&I (diversity, equity and inclusion) task forces
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SimScale
At SimScale, we look beyond borders and hire great talent from all parts of the world. With our team consisting of people from various backgrounds, we truly embrace diversity and encourage everyone to be themselves. We are unified by curiosity, dedication and our team spirit! As an equal opportunity employer, we acknowledge that our employees have different aspirations and career goals, and therefore are committed to create a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. A copy of SimScale's full recruiting guideline can be made available on request. Kindly let us know how you would like to be addressed and whether you have specific requirements for the interview.