Senior FEA/Code_Aster Specialist (m/f/d)
SimScale is a cloud-based platform for simulation. Our mission is to democratize simulation and make it available to all engineers and designers in the world.
You will be one of SimScale’s trusted FEA experts and play a key role in SimScale's FEA functionality. You will be designing new FEA functionality in close collaboration with our Product Management team, carry out the implementation of the features themselves and maintain its entire lifecycle. This includes the maintenance of features, design of tests, bug fixing, performance monitoring and improvement.
You will be intimately familiar with SimScale’s diverse software stack. Prior knowledge of cloud technologies is not required, you’ll learn what you need to know on the job.
What we expect from you
- Degree in engineering, applied mathematics, physics or comparable qualification, PhD preferred
- Extensive industry background in Finite Elements for solid mechanics applications
- 5+ years of experience in programming FEA packages
- 3+ years of professional experience using and developing Code_Aster
- Experience and familiarity with software development, specially in modern languages like Python or Go
- Ability to take ownership of a complex and heterogeneous software stacks
- Excellent ability to learn fast and pick up new libraries, programming languages, algorithms etc.
- Familiarity with an agile way of working
- Experience with version control systems, like Git
What you can expect from us
- A dedicated team with high expertise, and the opportunity for unrestricted personal growth - start your career with us and become a leader
- An environment where your opinion and ideas matter - we will give you space to make an impact quickly through goal-oriented tasks and projects that leave space for creativity
- A multicultural and inclusive work environment: we come from more than 35 different countries!
- Manage when and where you work with flexible working hours and remote work around the globe
- Your health is important: We offer health insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, etc.), retirement insurance, company pension scheme, paid sick time off, and paid vacation
- Enjoy freshly cooked lunches in our office every Wednesday, or receive regular gift cards as a remote employee
- Feel positive about yourself with a subsidized gym membership in Munich, Basketball meetups, virtual sports and gaming challenges as well as internal wellbeing support
- Professional and personal development opportunities such as online and offline learning, language courses and tech talks
- Relocation and visa support to ease your (and your family’s) relocation
- Fun team events, internal support groups such as “Living in Germany” and the opportunity to join our ESG (environmental, social and governance) or DE&I (diversity, equity and inclusion) task forces
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SimScale
At SimScale, we look beyond borders and hire great talent from all parts of the world. With our team consisting of people from various backgrounds, we truly embrace diversity and encourage everyone to be themselves. We are unified by curiosity, dedication and our team spirit! As an equal opportunity employer, we acknowledge that our employees have different aspirations and career goals, and therefore are committed to create a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. A copy of SimScale's full recruiting guideline can be made available on request. Kindly let us know how you would like to be addressed and whether you have specific requirements for the interview.