(Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/d)
We are smava – the online credit comparison platform. We make loans transparent, fair and affordable! With more than 300.000 satisfied customers, we are one of the biggest FinTech companies in Germany. Become now part of our vision to shape the digital future of the consumer loan market!
YOUR NEW TEAM
Our Data Platform team provides data infrastructure and services to our entire organisation, facilitating effortless data-driven decision-making across teams and departments, while ensuring speed, safety, and security.
Our stack: AWS, Redshift, Data Vault, dbt, Python, S3, Kinesis, Segment, Glue, EC2, ECS, DMS, Matillion, Aurora, Terraform and more.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintaining and improving the data platform
- Conducting data modelling using techniques like Data Vault
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Business Analysts, Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, and other fellow Data Engineers
- Actively contributing to the continuous modernization of our data stack
- Solution driven mindset and passion for self-learning
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer, data warehouse engineer, or BI developer
- Proficiency in data warehousing and cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience with columnar databases as DWH engine, ideally Redshift
- Familiarity with data streaming and/or batch-processing
- Previous experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow or Dagster
- Engagement in CI/CD pipelines
- Application of software engineering best practices in the data landscape
- Knowledge of Data Vault methodology
- Solid understanding of Kimball, Inmon principles, dimensional modelling
- Hands-on involvment with ETL/ELT tools, preferably dbt
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency with Docker, ECR, ECS, etc.
- Expertise with Linux and BI tools, preferably Tableau
PERKS AT WORK
- An open and dynamic working environment with a diverse and multicultural team composed of more than 50 nationalities
- Internal career programs, further training opportunities & German language classes
- A modern office located at the center of the city and with fully equipped facilities, including a rooftop and relax spaces!
- For your relaxation there are 30 days of vacation. Parents benefit from 10 additional child-sick-days
- For your physical and mental health, we offer sponsorships for different sport centers as well as online meditation courses
- We support social projects and cover part of the costs of your public transportation ticket in Berlin so you can travel in an environmentally conscious way!
- A subsidized company pension plan
Then apply online in just 2 minutes via the application button as (Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/d). Simply upload your CV (preferably as PDF file) and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
All applications are accepted exclusively via the application form.
Contact: Luisa Tomasella
At smava we celebrate diversity and stand for an environment that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We're committed to equal employment and development opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, culture or place of origin.
Do you want to learn more about us?
Visit our career page: www.smava.de/jobs/en
or our Instagram profile: www.instagram.com/smavacareer